Two Distinct/Different Pages Are Defaulting to /About-Us URL

I just installed the latest WordPress and Upfront applications. When I try to navigate to the Our Events page I keep being directed to the About Us page. The About Us page was displaying the /our-events URL so I was able to change it back to /about-us, but I'm unable to access the Our Events page. Can you help?

• Rupok

Hi Kimberly Cohen, this is really weird.

Both of your pages have same content. And as you said "I keep being directed to the About Us page", you are actually not being redirected. Somehow your "Our Events" page got the same content like your "About Us" page and both are different pages because publish dates are different for both pages.

However, to fix this, you can remove elements from "Out Events" page and add Events+ shortcode to show Events archive. For example, I've already added a text widget and wrote [eab_archive] tag inside that. Events archive should be visible when there are open events.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. To clarify....the Our Events page has always been a static page and did not have any links to Event+. The only links it did have on it was one to Google maps indicating how to reach the location where the events were held, and one to the Calendar page.

Unfortunately, I thought the answer was going to be in line with your suggestion which means I'm going to have to recreate the page.

However, I'm still stumped. Exactly how in the world could the content from the About Us page duplicate itself on its own on the Our Events page while deleting all of the contents that were originally created and published on the Our Events page? I'd really like to get to the root of that since I don't want to have this issue reoccur.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

• Rupok

Hi Kimberly, hope you are having a wonderful day.

Exactly how in the world could the content from the About Us page duplicate itself on its own on the Our Events page while deleting all of the contents that were originally created and published on the Our Events page?

I have the exact same question but to be honest, this is the first time I've seen this issue and it's almost impossible to say what caused this without knowing what changes did you do to your site before the issue occurred.

So I'll suggest you to monitor your site for a couple of days and keep track of what you are doing there. If it happens again, please send us the changes you've made in these days. We will try to investigate further and try to find our the root cause behind this. What do you say?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Rupok,
    Thank you for your candor. I hadn't done anything to the site except to upload upgrades to Upfront and a few other plug-ins that I have used continuously to build and update the site so this is a big puzzle to me too.

What I ended up doing was to recreate the content of the /our-events page. However, another issue has now emerged. For some reason I'm unable to create an anchor. When I highlight text, I'm only given the option to hyperlink it to an anchor, page, post, etc., but not the option to create an anchor and when I've editing text, I no longer have access to the Upfront panel (it's grayed out) so if there is a way to create an anchor from the panel I'm unable to get to it. Please see screen capture. Can you help me resolve this issue? I'm trying to create a anchor using the word "Eligibility" which is blue and located toward the bottom of the page and then hyperlinking the word "eligible" in the text above it.

Again, I appreciate your help!

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

• Nithin

Hi Kimberly Cohen,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

However, another issue has now emerged. For some reason I'm unable to create an anchor. When I highlight text, I'm only given the option to hyperlink it to an anchor, page, post, etc., but not the option to create an anchor and when I've editing text, I no longer have access to the Upfront panel (it's grayed out) so if there is a way to create an anchor from the panel I'm unable to get to it. Please see screen capture. Can you help me resolve this issue? I'm trying to create a anchor using the word "Eligibility" which is blue and located toward the bottom of the page and then hyperlinking the word "eligible" in the text above it.

When you highlight, you'll only have the option to hyperlink to an already existing anchors. To create an anchor, you'll have to select the Text elements settings, and under Advanced Settings, you can check the option to create an Anchor element. Once you add the anchor element, you can then link any keywords to your created anchor elements by highlighting your text.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.