Two issues with this plugin...

There are two issues I have just found with this plugin:

1. The confirming email (to me) is not being sent when a booking is made.

2. STRONG SUGGESTION: With email notification not working there is NO WAY to tell if someone has made a booking.

PLEASE add a small orange dot with a number beside it in the dashboard against the Appointments tab to ALERT you that a booking has been made and you need to confirm it.

The system needs to draw your attention to the fact something has happened. There is too much to keep an eye on to "know" to go and check it out if appointments aren't regular.

Thank you.

• PC

Hello there Karen,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

The confirming email (to me) is not being sent when a booking is made.

Sorry to hear that. Did you check if the client is receiving the appointment ?

Also, did you see if you are the provider for the appointment that was booked and checked spam ?

2. STRONG SUGGESTION: With email notification not working there is NO WAY to tell if someone has made a booking.

PLEASE add a small orange dot with a number beside it in the dashboard against the Appointments tab to ALERT you that a booking has been made and you need to confirm it.

That is a good suggestion. Let me send that over to our lead developer for his feedback on the same.

Adding a notification on the Dashboard menu item would be great.

Cheers, PC

• Karen

PC

Sorry to hear that. Did you check if the client is receiving the appointment ?

I don't think they got anything at all.

Also, did you see if you are the provider for the appointment that was booked and checked spam ?

I am the provider for everything. There is only me at present (our industry has tanked). All appointments - dummy or otherwise - come to an email address I manage. FYI. There is nothing in any of the inboxes. Something is not sending as it ought to as it is all set up in Settings.

FYI.

• PC

Hello there Karen,

Thanks for posting back :slight_smile:

I don't think they got anything at all.

I tested this. I am sure your clients are not confirming the payments and that is the reason you are not receiving the notifications. I just removed the payment option and quickly tested an appointment and I got an email for booking which I am sure you have also received.

Can you kindly test that out again ?

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hey there Karen,

If you need the free appointments to be autoconfirmed, you need to set Auto confirm to "yes"

So as soon as they are confirmed, you will receive an email.

If you do not want auto confirm, then you need to set "Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required" as yes so that it sends you an email to ask you to confirm the appointmennt.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Karen

PC

Thanks for that.

I have "Yes" in both spots mentioned above - under Accessiblity Settings (first one is "yes) & Notification Settings (first two are "yes") as I want free appointments to be auto-confirmed and paid ones to require confirmation (so I can check diary conflicts with Outlook).

1. I had Yes for autoconfirm already set up (ie Yes in the box for Autoconfirm in General tab in Settings (ie"Setting this as Yes will automatically confirm all appointment applications for no payment required case. Note: "Payment required" case will still require a payment.)

Maybe I am misunderstanding you but doesn't autoconfirm mean that as soon as someone books the appointment, it IS confirmed to them via email and it should be to the service provider as well (ie automatically = autoconfirm).

{FYI this is what I personally received from your booking: A new appointment has been made on Public Affairs Jobs. Below please find a copy of what has been sent to your client: Dear Pranaya Chaudhary, We are pleased to confirm your appointment for Public Affairs Jobs. Here are the appointment details: Requested service: Client Meeting Date and time: May 30, 2014 10:00 am Karen will assist you for this service. Kind regards, Public Affairs Jobs ) - same to the recruitment inbox....all as it should happen. (Did you change any of the settings as I didn't get confirmation for another appointment on Friday until I hit on the (re)confirm from within the Appointment tab?)

This (below) seems to imply that once the person booking confirms (via email? how?) then it is confirmed automatically with us (=vast difference in meaning):

So as soon as they are confirmed, you will receive an email.

I thought I would just get an email confirming the booking once they make the (free) booking online - ie the email roundabout was not needed.???

I am wondering if having "Allow service provider confirm own appointments" set to "Yes" is causing the issue instead.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
    Karen

• PC

Hey there Karen,

Thanks for writing back.

(Did you change any of the settings as I didn't get confirmation for another appointment on Friday until I hit on the (re)confirm from within the Appointment tab?)

No I did not change anything there. That is how its supposed to work as per the current settings its supposed to send you an email as soon as an appointment is confirmed. So that is considered to be a appointment confirmation email.

On the other hand, if manual approval is required, the email sent is to ask the admin to confirm the appointment. So there is a difference in both of the emails.

As you said that you did not receive an email for a friday appointment, can you tell me what slot & service provider was it actually booked for so that I can check it out accordingly ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.