Two levels automatically created by Protected Content during a recent upgrade a while back and ...

Hey folks,

There were two levels automatically created by Protected Content during a recent upgrade a while back.

These two level were create automatically by PC during a upgrade. If we add or remove these levels from users, they are not notified or receive automated emails right? I assume this by the this a well Free (Permanent access) and the fact that PC created them as a system and site level?

I have one active right now. I would like to make it "default" to force all members to be a member of that level upon registration (and also ass current users to this level as well). How can I force it to be "default" or do I have to create a brand new level for a "default"?

I really need to be sure that users will not receive notifications or email if I add or remove these kinds of levels. So, they do not right? If not regularly, how can I be sure they do not (this applies to my adding or removing them from the WP admin area and also them adding or removing on the user level as well). I want them to get emails notices from the other levels as normal but just not these two.

Please let me know.

Here is a screenshot as well.

Michael Bissett

Hey @Greg, hope you're doing well today!

These two level were create automatically by PC during a upgrade. If we add or remove these levels from users, they are not notified or receive automated emails right?

If not regularly, how can I be sure they do not (this applies to my adding or removing them from the WP admin area and also them adding or removing on the user level as well). I want them to get emails notices from the other levels as normal but just not these two.

Turning it off per level would be something that I could open a feature request for, but you can disable the emails temporarily if you go to:

Protect Content -> Settings -> Automated Email Responses

And switch that email off (see screenshot #1 below)

I have one active right now. I would like to make it "default" to force all members to be a member of that level upon registration (and also add current users to this level as well). How can I force it to be "default" or do I have to create a brand new level for a "default"?

You would need to create a new membership for this, and select the "Default Membership" option (see screenshot #2 below), as that will apply a default membership to your users upon registration (that don't already have another level).

You'd also want to make sure that the Multiple Memberships add-on is enabled, should you want them to be able to sign up for more than one membership at a time.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael