Two notices + problem with comments field can´t be turned off

Hi,
FYI: I have two notices in debug bar:

NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/post-indexer/includes/functions.php:398 - Undefined variable: post

NOTICE: wp-content/plugins/post-indexer/includes/functions.php:398 - Trying to get property of non-object

On this site I have problem with comment field - I cant turn off comments. I done this in certain page setup, I tried plugin Disable Comments and nothing help me.

If I delete [globalrecentposts number="7" title_link="yes" content_characters="200" show_avatars="no"] the comments are off.

Bigdrobek

• aecnu

Greetings Bigdrobek,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Post Indexer plugin

If I delete [globalrecentposts number="7" title_link="yes" content_characters="200" show_avatars="no"] the comments are off.

When you deleted this, then everything returned back to normal or?

It is complaining about recent post #7. Do you know what post that may be and if it is different then any other post?

Were you running a previous version and it worked OK and this is perhaps an update that started causing this notice?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Bigdrobek,

Thank you for letting us know and clarifying the issue.

Also thank you for letting us now what version you are using and indeed version 3.0.3 has since been released.

If this issue persists after updating to version 3.0.3 please let me know and I will call in the big guns (lead developer) for his advice/input.

Looking forward to hearing form you in any event.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Bigdrobek,

Thank you for the additional input and it appears that we need to look into the recent posts as in what exact plugin are you using for recent posts?

The Recent Posts plugin or?

I am wondering if that plugin is the one we should now be addressing to see that it is updated?

On another related note, you mentioned that it may be a plugin conflict of some sort.

With that said and if everything checkout regarding the recent posts as far as that plugin version, then it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe