Two of my pages are no longer accessible. Can you help?

Hi,
I installed then deactivated and deleted the plug-in Chronosly Events Calendar (wordpress.org/plugins/chronosly-events-calendar/), but now the two pages that I had created prior to installing and deleting the plug-in are inaccessible and their URLs continually open the front page - i.e., blackmothersunited.wsbydesign.com/events and blackmothersunited.wsbydesign.com/our-calendar

Can you help me sort this out?

Thanks in advance!
Kimberly

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Ash,
    I hope your day is going well. Thank you for asking the additional questions. The pages titled Events and Our Calendar were created as standalone pages using Spirit/Upfront. When I installed the plug-in Chronosly Events Calendar it created its own calendar page titled "Chronosly base" which I've placed in Trash. When I switched out the theme, the blackmothersunited.wsbydesign.com/events and blackmothersunited.wsbydesign.com/our-calendar continued to default to the landing/front page even though the URL shows events and our-calendar, respectively.

The Chronosly Events Calendar plug-in was deactivated and then deleted so it's unclear why the events and our-calendar pages are not rendering. They still show as existing within the Dashboard/Pages area.

Can you help resolve this? Could it be as simple as deleting the "Chronosly base" page permanently? I'm at a loss and could really use some assistance.

Thanks so much!
    Kimberly

• Ash

Hello @Kimberly

Could it be as simple as deleting the "Chronosly base" page permanently?

That should not be any issue.

Were the events and our calendar pages created manually? Is any shortcode used in that page or simply a page you created in upfront?

I could not use support access as I am seeing an access token error, so if you please revoke and grant again would be awesome.

Also, note that, if there is something hiccup happened in the database (because of something), then you have to recreate those two pages.

Cheers
    Ash

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Ash,
    Thank you again for responding so quickly. In answer to your questions...the events and our-calendar pages were created manually. The plug-in generated the "chronosly base" page, but I never entered any short code via a text widget in it or in the other two pages. I'm really at a loss. As you say though...I may just need to delete the events and our-calendar pages and start from scratch, but I'd really love to know what happened.

This all started because I was trying to use the Calpress Pro plug-in to create the events and calendar. It's worked brilliantly in another site (labs2loverescue.org) which I created using the Rescue theme purchased through ThemeForest, but although it seems to work properly when I first enter the shortcode in the our-calendar page via a text widget and test it, it doesn't work properly once the page is saved. Odd, huh? Unfortunately, I can't get the glitch sorted out, because Calpress Pro's support is non-existent. They used to be great several months back so I'm unsure what happened, but if you look at the comments about the plug-in you'll see that I'm not the only one who has been experiencing this. Calpress Pro is really my preferred solution and if I could get it to work with Spirit that would be wonderful. Otherwise, as you can see I've been testing other options and they just don't seem to work for me plus they throw their own unexpected curves that in this case seem to messed things up a bit.

I need to find a simple solution that will let me add recurring events and display a calendar while providing the options to open events in lists, and displaying them in a day or month view, etc. Do you have any suggestions or do you think you could figure out what's preventing Calpress Pro from working with the Spirit theme?

As requested, I've revoked and then reopened access to my site for you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon again!
    Sincerely,
    Kimberly

• Ash

Hello @Kimberly

I need to find a simple solution that will let me add recurring events and display a calendar while providing the options to open events in lists, and displaying them in a day or month view, etc. Do you have any suggestions or do you think you could figure out what's preventing Calpress Pro from working with the Spirit theme?

I am not familiar with Calpress Pro plugin, so to be honest, I have no idea what happened. But I believe that plugin run a script on deactivation and that has made some hiccup in the database for the related pages.

It will be better if you create those two pages again.

About your events requirements, did you try our events plugin? In that plugin, you can create recurring events, you can show in a calendar, you can display them in day view or month view.

If you have any issues with our events+ plugin, please feel free to create a new thread (as this is different than topic title).

Cheers
    Ash

• Kimberly Cohen

Thanks Ash. I'll delete the pages I created i.e., events and our-calendar, and the "chronosly base" page that the plug-in created permanently. Then I'll recreate an events and our-calendar page. Hopefully, that will work. If it does I'll try the WPMU Dev Events+ plug-in. If it doesn't, is there a way to find the script that may have impacted the database?

Thanks so much for the help and suggestion!

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi again Ash,
    As promised, I permanently deleted the pages I created i.e., events and our-calendar, and the "chronosly base" page that the plug-in created, and began to create two pages to replace events and our-calendar. I started with events and titled it our events. However, I've run into a problem. Upfront isn't working properly. It's treating the Page like a Post when I try to build it. (see attached) I can't edit the text color in the title as I've done on other pages, and the URL is appearing as blackmothersunited.wsbydesign.com/our-events-2 rather than just /our-events

Can you please help me?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

• Ash

Hello @Kimberly

I hope you are well today.

Please check:
    http://blackmothersunited.wsbydesign.com/calendar/
    http://blackmothersunited.wsbydesign.com/our-events/

I have changed the color of the titles in both pages. Also, I have changed the event page slug. The slug has -2 in URL because, you didn't previous event from event page.

Also, when you create a page, you select none as page template, that is okay. But it looks like a post. In upfront editor, you will need to drag element from left side and drop on the page to make your own custom layout.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Kimberly Cohen

Hi Ash,
    Thank you so much for making the changes that you did! They look great! I would never had thought of using those colors. They make the images "pop" and the titles more readable.

Also thank you for hanging in there with me throughout this process. I've made some really newbie errors, but you never make me feel stupid!

One of the reasons I chose WPMU Dev in the first place was because of the awesome responses I received when inquiring about the theme and its capabilities. You and your team continually reaffirm that my decision to become a member was the right one!

Thank you again!
    Sincerely,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.