Two plugins linking to edublogs

hi,
i choose "add existing users" plugin as i can only choose one per post but my question actually applies to both "add existing users" as well as "add new users".

basically as the screenshots show they both give a nice description of what the tool is for as well as a brief description on how to use it.
but then goes on to provide a link to explain user roles on edublogs site.
don't get me wrong i love you guys and gals :slight_smile: at Incsub

just my 2 cents,
this can be a throw off and confusing for users that have never heard of edublogs
i know this can be edited out in the plugin or perhaps changed using "Ultimate Branding" - text change ; the former is for developers and the later is a waste of time and added code/resources to the site.

i get the impression that the plugin developer used good discretion to not only briefly describe the tools purpose and how to use it but also go a step further to describe "user roles" for the user to get an appreciation of it all.
So it therefore goes without saying that if all this is deemed necessary then the assumption is there that novice users would be using this and get more confused if directed to edublogs.
it is also not fitting on a site that is not associated with edublogs.

perhaps a settings option to link to a page on the main site instead ?
personally i thinks this unnecessary.

just thought i will point all this out.
but in the mean time whats the easiest way to change link or remove it ?
Ultimate Branding - text change ?

kind regards.

• Ash

Hello @amused

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Thank you for your feedback, I will surely pass this to the doc team :slight_smile:

For now, yes you can use Ultimate Branding plugin and it's Network Wide Text Change module. For the find this text, the value will be:

You may also select the level that you wish them to access to the site - you can find out more about different levels of access <a href=&quot;http://help.edublogs.org/2009/08/24/what-are-the-different-roles-of-users/&quot;>here</a>.

And for "replace with" you can enter any text. Event, you can use the same text but change the URL.

And select the operation only for admin pages, like the screenshot.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.