Two questions about CoursePress Pro

Greetings,

I'm setting up CoursePress Pro for a customer, and we're encountering a few problems/questions :

I'll be referring to the following page and points (the page is a "course home page) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/063j99j6wj93zec/coursepress-questions-1.png?dl=0

Question/Problem #1 : I'd like to remove the bloc with all technical infos about the course ("Course Dates, Enrollment Dates, Who can enroll, etc"). Because in this project, these will always be the same, so it's not relevant. Is there a way to do that easily, or should I look into the code ? And if so, how ?

Question/Problem #2 : As you can see on the picture, on the course table of content, there is always 2 lines, which I think is confusing (especially for the part where the second line is "Untitled page")... How can I make it so there is only one line per course module ?

Thanks a lot for the answers ! :slight_smile:

DJ

• Jude

Howdy DJExp

Hope all is well with you !

Question/Problem #1 : I'd like to remove the bloc with all technical infos about the course ("Course Dates, Enrollment Dates, Who can enroll, etc"). Because in this project, these will always be the same, so it's not relevant. Is there a way to do that easily, or should I look into the code ? And if so, how ?

This should easily be possible with some CSS. I see you are using a custom theme here. Can you enable support access for me and I can look inside and fix this for you.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Question/Problem #2 : As you can see on the picture, on the course table of content, there is always 2 lines, which I think is confusing (especially for the part where the second line is "Untitled page")... How can I make it so there is only one line per course module ?

Im not sure how the A and Bs are split from just the screenshot. Can you keep support access open and I can investigate this as well !

Cheers
    Jude

• Luís

Hi DJExp ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to your questions:

1) Can you try this CSS code, please?

.enroll-box-left {
        display: none;
    }

I didn't hide the "Continue Learning" button, because it will be necessary, so, if you want to move it to the left, try add this CSS code:

.enroll-box-right {
        width: 24% !important;
        float: left !important;
    }

If you don't know, you should always avoid change the original CSS files, in order to don't lose it all when you make an update.

So, we recommend use a plugin to add custom CSS:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

2) I think the best option should be uncheck the visibility of those "lines" in the course (Step 2 - Course Description):

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• DJExp

Hi there,

Just a little new problem : after doing the modifications you suggested, I have something weird in the design of my course home page, and I cannot find what CSS to edit to make it right (I know a bit about CSS but I'm definitely a n00b).

Please have a look at this picture : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnd8q4yqqsz4xuw/coursepress-questions-2.png?dl=0

As you can see, there is two big line just below the intro video of the course, I'd like to remove them (but keep a white space between the video and the table of content below).

Also, I don't know why there are two lines to separate each element of the table of content of the course. How can I make it so there is only one thin line ?

I'll open access preemptively in case you need it. If you can tell me more about what CSS code to use I'll be able to do it no problem. Thanks !

Another question : We want to create a certificate for our course, but with a nice design, and we're not sure on how to do it. My idea was :
    1. hire an outsourcer to create the design of the certificate.
    2. Deliver that design as a A4 format PDF file
    3. Set the position within coursepress so that the text of the certificate appear in the center of it.
    4. The certificate will be delivered with the design and correct text. Right ?

• Luís

Hi DJExp ,

Hope you're doing well today!

This issue can be related to the CSS and the solution I gave, I will need to check.

Also, I don't know why there are two lines to separate each element of the table of content of the course. How can I make it so there is only one thin line ?

Each unit is inside a tab with a border all around, so, it's why it show two lines. We can change it to use just a top or bottom border.

I checked our "Support Information" tab, but seems that you didn't enabled the Support Access to your website. Can you check it, please?

If you already did it, could you please revoke and after regrant the support staff access again?

Another question : We want to create a certificate for our course, but with a nice design, and we're not sure on how to do it. My idea was : ....

Regarding to the certificate, yes, this should be the right procedure. After you have the design, you need to upload it as a "background image" and then adjust the text in the "Content Padding " field.

Cheers, Luís