Two SmartCrawl Meta issues

There are two issues at the moment.

1) Trying to edit the default Product Title, and Product Meta Description for Products under SmartCrawl > Title & Meta > Post Types > Products, by adding products categories, and product tags macros in there, but the changes aren’t getting reflected in the page when checking the product page in the frontend.

2) Have exported the contents from Yoast SEO to SmartCrawl, and could notice that the macros from Yoast isn’t getting recognized. Could notice the following in the pages:

head title : IMPERIUM %%ct_product_tag%% | Im+++ +++mo

description : %%ct_product_tag%% IMPERIUM 100% ??????? ??????????, ????, 220 ??. ??? ??? ???????? Im+++ +++mo ?? ???? ?? ????????

etc

We are looking to add product categories, and tags in the meta descriptions, but at the moment it doesn’t seem to work. Please advise what could be done to fix this asap.

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Vrisko Digital

    I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

    I have tested this and could fully replicate both issues. I checked our internal reports but I didn’t find that reported yet so I’m forwarding this to our developers marking it as a bug.

    Please keep an eye on this ticket in case we had additional information or some sort of a patch for you. Most likely, however, a fix would be released as an update to the plugin so also make sure, please, that you keep SmartCrawl up to date.

    Best regards,

    Adam

  • Vrisko Digital
    • Flash Drive

    Hello Adam,

    Thank you for the reply. We will wait for the update.

    Do you know how long it will take to fix this issue?

    Because we are currently seeing these meta in some of our websites and we wouldnt want search engines to index these kind of meta.

    Could you please prioritize this?

    Thank you in advance

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Vrisko Digital

    I’m afraid I don’t have any ETA’s. I have just reported this so developers will first need to test it to find out why it is acting this way and find the reason (in code) for this then come up with a fix (that will not only fix that but also won’t interfere with other features of the plugin and other fixes).

    However, the issue affects one of the crucial features of the plugin so I believe it’s gonna be treated as a priority.

    Kind regards,

    Adam

  • Vrisko Digital
    • Flash Drive

    Hello Adam,

    We saw that there was a new update of Smart Crawl (20/08) but there was no fix for the above issue.

    Any news on this?

    Not recognizing WooCommerce macros is a major issue for us right now.

    Can you please give us an estimation on when this will be fixed?

    Thank you.

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Vrisko Digital,

    I hope you’re fine today!

    Yes, there’s been an update but it doesn’t contain a fix for this yet. There’s a major update to the Yoast-import tool to handle newest Yoast properly and that required quite a bit of work, while the issue that you reported is still being worked on.

    I have just messaged one of SmartCrawl developers asking him about the current status of the fix so I or one of my colleagues will update you here as soon as we got a message back from him.

    Kind regards,

    Adam

  • Vrisko Digital
    • Flash Drive

    Hello again Adam,

    We saw the new update and still no solution to this problem.

    Please let us know if this is going to be solved, otherwise we will consider changing back to YOAST.

    As I mentioned in the previous problem this is a major issue, as in order to avoid %%_tags appearing in WooCommerce meta we have to change all products in some e-shops. And we are talking about 2000-3000 products in some of them.

    As you can understand this is impossible.

    Please let us know about the progress on this

    Thank You

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Vrisko Digital

    I’m sorry for the long overdue!

    The most recent update was actually an “emergency” update that in fact “reversed” another one, which we had to do due to some unexpected behaviors on some sites. That’s why it doesn’t contain any significant fixes at this moment.

    The fix for some of the issues in question is already undergoing final tests so if it passes them, it should be published really soon. It’s targeted for Yoast-imported “%ct_…”/”%cf_…”placeholders and should solve that. As for the other parts of the issue, I just asked a developer for additional information about aforementioned fix so I could give you better response once I got a feedback from him.

    Kind regards,

    Adam

  • Vrisko Digital
    • Flash Drive

    Hi Adam,

    Saw you released and new update on this.

    In the change log you claim:

    Fix: fixed issue causing WSOD on some sites

    Fix: don’t show raw shortcodes in auto-generated meta description

    I tried the update on https://impressionspromo.gr/ and

    1. We get WSOD on the homepage

    2. The raw shortcodes, are you referring to this particular issue? If yes that is not fixed for products.

    We restored to back up in order not to crash, but I granted you access so that you can take a look yourself.

    Thank you

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Vrisko Digital

    I’m sorry to hear that this update caused issues on the site and thanks for letting me know about it.

    The “raw shortcodes” fix applies to page builders’ shortcodes that were rendered (as shortcodes instead of their output) in those auto-generated meta descriptions.

    I have already notified our developers about the case so they’d look into it again and I’m awaiting their response and we’ll update you here once we only hear back from them.

    Best regards,

    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.