Two Subscribe by Email versions after upgrade

Our site has been active for several years. It is a multiuser site with 5 active blogs. We want to upgrade from Subscribe by Email Version 1.0.1 to the current Version 3.5.3.

We attempted to do that automatically on the test version of our site from the WPMUDEV dashboard, but found we could not. Instead, we were advised that we'd need to manually download the 3.5.3 version and replace the existing Version 1.0.1. That version is a "Must Use" version.

We clicked the Changelog link on the wpmudev.org Subscribe by Email plugin page, selected Version 3.5.3 for download, but instead of the download starting we were taken back to our wpmudev.org profile page.

We then found that under the WordPress Network Admin Updates screen on our site there was an option to "Automatically upgrade" Subscribe by Email. We clicked that and received notice that the upgrade was successful. However...

Under our Network Admin plugins page, we now show Subscribe by Email Version 3.5.3 as "Network Activated". Yet under the "Must Use" plugin category, we still show Subscribe by Email Version 1.0.1 installed.

Further we now have two links labelled "Subscriptions" in our blog admin menus. One (the old one) offers a link to "Settings" and a link to "Subscriptions" which is directed to [site root]/wp-admin/subscriptions.php. That file does not now exist on the server (if it ever did?)

The second (the new one) offers links to Subscribers, Add Subscribers, Settings, and Emails log. However, no Subscribers are found when we follow that link (http://domain/wp-admin/admin.php?page=sbe-subscribers).

We do have a table in the database, wp_##_subscriptions (where "##" is the blog id number) with some 1400+ subscribers; however, we cannot bring it up using either of these Subscriptions menus.

Could you offer us some direction as to how we might clear this confusion up?

Thanks for your help!

• Milan

Hello Matt

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

It would be great if we point out important point before we start our digging. :slight_smile:

#1) Plugin is updated to its latest release.
    #2) Must Use plugin section is still showing you older version of plugin
    #3) File named /wp-admin/subscriptions.php is missing after updation

Further we now have two links labelled "Subscriptions" in our blog admin menus. One (the old one) offers a link to "Settings" and a link to "Subscriptions" which is directed to [site root]/wp-admin/subscriptions.php. That file does not now exist on the server (if it ever did?)

The second (the new one) offers links to Subscribers, Add Subscribers, Settings, and Emails log. However, no Subscribers are found when we follow that link (http://domain/wp-admin/admin.php?page=sbe-subscribers).

I am facing bit difficulty in understanding this whole. Could you please point out things you want me to take a look here ?
    #4) You can see all the subscribers in database but its not showing up on admin side.

If I missed anything here, please do let me know in your next reply and give me your ftp and wp admin credentials of your staging site so I can take a look on these issues very closely. :slight_smile:

You can send the info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then I can debug the issue further :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!
    Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.