Two things: Can’t add FAQ page to main NAVigation MENU and have SPAM on posts

I am trying to add FAQ to my main NAVigation MENU. When I select that webpage, FAQ and choose to ADD to menu, nothing happens. The wheel spins, but it doesn't display in the MENU.

So I am in the APPEARANCE area, and then on the MENU, and trying to add FAQ to my main NAVigation MENU. When I select that webpage, FAQ and choose to ADD to menu, nothing happens. The wheel spins, but it doesn't display in the MENU. I already created a page and published it called FAQ. It allows me to select it for Adding to MENU, but then it doesn't show in the MENU area when I select it and 'Add' it.

Apart from that, the original posts were somehow replaced with spam. I noticed that, so I deleted the posts first, and then also the entire page from the Main Nav. I deleted the post from the posts. then I also deleted the BLOG page from the main Nav just because my original posts were all gone and replaced by the spam.

• Ash

Hello Michael

About the menu issue, would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

If there is nothing in debug log, would you please run a conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. You need to do the same with themes as well

You can find the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-1

About the spam post, looks like these are posted using the admin account as author name. Would you please update your defender (and all other backdated plugins) and then try using 2FA authentication?

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• James Morris

Hello Michael,

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant us access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url