Two Upfront questions: 1) Floating regions? and 2) can we stack elements (text over image)?

Right clicking in Upfront on a region I'm editing shows a Floating Region option. This sounds like a great way to put semiopaque backgrounds beneath text elements or beneath images to highlight them. But when I try to create the floating region they either end up below the region where I can't get to them or they disappear completely. I can't find a single reference to Floating Regions in your Upfront tutorials and since they seem to behave erratically I'm not sure what they are used for.

Second question, is it possible to stack draggable elements in the same region? For example, If I wanted have a text element overlaid over an image element. Is this possible? I tried it and it doesn't seem to work. I'm trying to avoid having to create many many images that are just text on an opaque background.

I've attached one of the dozens of comps the designer provides showing a background image overlaid by an opaque background overlaid by a text element.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @dan136,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to your questions:

1) The regions can be fixed or floating. The floating regions can be used to put content to follow the scroll with some content or to put content to overlap the layout.

However, I tested the floating regions in my install and seems to be an issue in overlay regions with background images.

I already reported this issue to the developers so they can get it fixed up asap.

2) In this case I will suggest to use a background image in the region and use a "Text" element to overlay the image.

Go to the edit region (pencil icon) and them, click in the region settings (green button).

In the pop up, choose image in the Background type. After that, drag a text element.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.