Two way sync with google calendar

Hi,

My client at containment wants to know if it is possible to sync the appointments from the website to his google calendar (which I believe is possible with your plugin). Although is it then possible to then add appointments through google calendar to remove available appointment slots on the website? If so how would I go about doing this?

Thanks,
Sam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Sam,

Appointments+ does indeed come with two way Google Calendar sync, even though it's still in beta you shouldn't have any issues with this.

Appointments imported from Google Calendar will show up in Appointments > Appointments > Reserved by GCal section.

Settings this up is bit more complicated so make sure to read carefully everything under Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar tab and if you're having issues with instructions, since they are not updated to latest Google Console version you can have a look at this video tutorial:
    http://monosnap.com/file/qTkCRUeqG1rRWDn92d0TEXNzFfAyLL

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Phil!

I've run once again through an entire video guide and then checked your site's settings and Appointments+ logs. The "Test connection" option triggers an error saying that (I removed calc ID below):

Insert went wrong: Error calling POST https://www.googleapis.com/calendar/v3/calendars/muvXXXXXXXX%40group.calendar.google.com/events: (404) Not Found

This suggests that the calendar you're trying to use may not be set to be available. Could you please access your Google Calendar and then:

1. on the MyCalendars list find out the calendar that you've created for Appointmentssss
    2. go to its settings page and make sure that
    - for "Share with Specific Person" option the Google APP e-mail (from Google Console) is used; make sure that there's no spaces/blanks at the start and end of the string pasted into this field
    - for "Permission settings" option the "Make changes to all events" option is set
    3. make sure that in your dashboard's "Appointments -> Settings -> Google Calendar" page's correct value is used for "Calendar to be used". It's quite easy to put wrong calendar ID here by mistake if you're using as lot of calendars on your Google Account.

Please double-check above issues and let me know if it helped.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Phil!

Those users that do have access to Google Calendar (usually meaning you as a site admin and in some cases additional admins/service providers) may simple create an "event" in Google Calendar the same way as for any other Google Calendar event.

All events added to Google Calendar will be automatically imported to your Appointments+ plugin. Please note however that:
    - this may need some time as there must be some visits to your site in order for this to work
    - events will not be imported any earlier than 10 minutes after were added to GCalc

It's also important to mention that in case you (or the staff handling appointments) were about to add "an appointment" (the same you would do via your site) you will want to manually take care of setting appropriate time slot (event start/end date/hours) as these are not automatically matched.

Events added via Google Calendar will be displayed on your dashboard's "Appointments -> Appointments page -> Reserved by GCal tab".

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @hello228,

I hope you are doing well today. :slight_smile:

This will work exactly same as it works with one service provider. There won't be much difference in Appointments workflow with different service provider. You will be able to see which service provider user has selected for service in event's description and your service provider will be able to see his/her appointments in his/her profile page. ( Dashboard > Profile )

Now if you want to provide google integration to your service providers, you can do so via option Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar > Google Calendar API Settings Beta > Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration. Just select "Yes" value for this dropdown and your service providers will see option for importing appointment to his/her google calendar in profile page. Just note that you'll need to follow every steps you followed for integration your google calendar with Appointments+ for your service provider and also upload their key files manually to "gcal" folder.

This will automatically export appointments assigned to service provider to their google calendar. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you. Please let us know if you need help with something else. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.