TypeError: jQuery(...).knob is not a function

This error I've seen right at first time I had installed it. It had been gone when I deactivated and activated all WPMU plugins. And now it has come back when I just updated the plugin:

TypeError: jQuery(...).knob is not a function
http://movimientosesenciales.com/en/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/js/coursepress-front.js?ver=1.3.4
Line 32

I`ve tryed desactivate and activate it already.

What does this jQuery conflits means? How can I fix it, please? Any hook?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Vivian,

What does this jQuery conflits means?

That error means that one script is calling knob() function, but definition of that function is in another script that is not added to that particular page.

Can you tell me where do you see that error? There was issue related to that error but it was fixed in the 1.3.3 version of the CoursePress - I also tried to replicate it on my site but I could not.
    Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Vivian,

In case you missed my messages on live chat: There is probably fatal error on your site that is cutting off pages code - that is why there is no script with defined knob function. So this could be plugin or theme conflict - so please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If this will not give positive results, then next step is to enable debug mode in WordPress.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please paste it to the text file and attach to post or upload to service like Dropbox and paste here link.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Vivian
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The error that shows is this:

Cerrar Sesión

Movimientos Esenciales

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Mlp_Nav_Menu_Frontend::maybe_delete_obsolete_item() must be an instance of WP_Post, instance of stdClass given, called in /home/mov/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multilingual-press/inc/nav-menu/Mlp_Nav_Menu_Frontend.php on line 53 and defined in /home/mov/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multilingual-press/inc/nav-menu/Mlp_Nav_Menu_Frontend.php on line 74

Just to add: this error just appear when Cousrpress is activated.

If, I deactivate ALL the plugins and leave just the Coursepress, it appears:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$attr_title in /home/mov/public_html/wp-content/themes/mov-voz/lib/wp-bootstrap-navwalker-master/wp_bootstrap_navwalker.php on line 48

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$attr_title in /home/mov/public_html/wp-content/themes/mov-voz/lib/wp-bootstrap-navwalker-master/wp_bootstrap_navwalker.php on line 52

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$attr_title in /home/mov/public_html/wp-content/themes/mov-voz/lib/wp-bootstrap-navwalker-master/wp_bootstrap_navwalker.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$attr_title in /home/mov/public_html/wp-content/themes/mov-voz/lib/wp-bootstrap-navwalker-master/wp_bootstrap_navwalker.php on line 48

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$attr_title in /home/mov/public_html/wp-content/themes/mov-voz/lib/wp-bootstrap-navwalker-master/wp_bootstrap_navwalker.php on line 52

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$attr_title in /home/mov/public_html/wp-content/themes/mov-voz/lib/wp-bootstrap-navwalker-master/wp_bootstrap_navwalker.php on line 54

And, always, when I deactivate Coursepress everything works fine, with no log errors.

But, I'm thinking that the conflict is between the jQuery called by coursepress and the bootstrap navwalker.

Changing the order that they are loaded, it helps? If yes, how to do it? Any tips?

• Vivian
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I solved. When I had updated the plugin, it market at configurations settings: add items to menu. It was broking my menu. Please, do not put this option as default in Coursepress, because it can broke the theme if not fit.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.