Typos on setting page

Ok, first, calling it a typo is only an euphemism.

How comes that English speaker always make the same mistakes?

Maybe not being a functional issue, nobody bothered reporting it, because I can't believe that only me (and Italian speaker!) noticed such a gross mistake.

"My box will never go higher then " shouldn't be "My box will never go higher than "?

Thanks.

• aecnu

Greetings sciamannikoo,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Though I have not investigated the entire sentence to which you are referring digging through the plugin in search of, I am analyzing what you have offered.

Being an American I think I can comment on then and than - the correct answer will be based on what follows in the sentence, which you did not offer and without anymore information or lengthening of the sentence it will come down to what type of box you are referring to and/or comparing?

"Than" is a conjunction used in comparisons.

"Then" has numerous meanings.

1. At that point in time

I wasn't ready then.

Will you be home at noon? I'll call you then.

2. Next, afterward

I went to the store, and then to the bank

Do your homework and then go to bed

3. In addition, also, on top of that

He told me he was leaving, and then that I owed him money

It cost $5,000, and then there's tax too

4. In that case, therefore (often with "if")

If you want to go, then you'll have to finish your homework.

I'm hungry!
    Then you should eat.

The Bottom Line

Than is used only in comparisons, so if you're comparing something use than. If not, then you have to use then.

My box will never go higher than --> comparison in the plugin, therefore absolutely correct

Considering that you have suggested that your native language is Italian, it would be most likely that you were taught British English. Therefore the word flashlight does not exist, but it is absolutely correct, ask any American. However, you tell me to pass you a torch and if you are not careful taking it - it is possible that you will get burned - but not by a flashlight :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

• sciamannikoo

Thank your for the lesson, but, really, I know the difference between "then" and "than" (unlike many English speaker, as I often see this mistake, along with many other common mistakes).

I was about to post a very long answer, telling you why your explanation has not point, but then I've realized that this is not the topic of this post and that my answer could have raised some flame.

Therefore, let me just say that I've just checked vebailovity's profile on Twitter (vebailovity is the author of this plugin).
    It turned out that he's not a native English speaker, so he's forgiven, as long as the next update won't contain this "typo" :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.