UCA membership multisite question

When I first posted what I wanted I was told to do multisite and prosites over buddypress and membership. Now that I have FINALLY gotten everything to show the way I need thus far I have a few questions so I know if I need membership instead. I will make this as concise as I can. Ok First I need to charge 100 for the first month of regular membership then 50 every month there after. Second as well as creating their site which we will setup for them for the most part I need to be able to have a members menu somewhere on the site that would include our video and marketing libraries as well as our datbase. Second I need their sites to have certain info that they cannot change eg. their Rank and program certs. Also they cannot redesign the site, meaning the theme is locked in. This is a facebook page almost where they can have a testimonal/contact field where people can submit reviews or info request that would appear on the site but email them. Also they can upload a video of themselves and a bio/resume. Would prosites allow all that or would I need membership and create the site entirely myself with them having a limited access user role. I hope that isn't too much for one post as basically it is all question. You can see an example of it at fighting.net just click any instructor picture. The only difference is over there we can adjust one rank ourselves and not the other, I don't want them to adjust any rank at all.

• Alexander

Hi @Asmodei,

After reading this, I'm actually not convinced Multisite and Pro Sites is the right choice. I took a look at your other thread here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/starting-a-martial-arts-association-should-i-use-mu-or-buddypress

Based on that information, Multisite and Pro Sites would be a good choice, but now you're introducing a great number of other features that you're looking for.

As for the payments, unfortunately it isn't possible with Pro Sites to setup a payment that charges more for the first payment. However this is easily done with Membership

Also, the best way to have a private section where you could provide all your users with your library of content would indeed be by using the Membership plugin.

Have you looked into our Directory plugin? It allows you to charge users for posting listings. Your users could use this directory listing to post their Bio and video, then you could have a contact form on the same page. This would all happen from one theme just as you needed instead of having to force a single theme across a network of sites. It would also be easier for the visitors to navigate across different profiles.

Maybe a combination of Membership and Directory would suite you well.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• Alexander

Hi @Asmodei,

Yes, this is possible. However it would be nested under one other url, then the listing title would need to be their name. By default directory URLs look like this:

yoursite.com/listing/one-awesome-item-or-service

But you can change the first part to be something like:

yoursite.com/profiles

Then after the listing is posted, the slug can be modified to anything. It will default to the title of the post. So you can in fact do:

yoursite.com/profiles/AlexanderR

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.