UF: another page is showing home page content

I was editing the vendor info page. But when I published, it started showing the content of my home page.Even when I edit the page, I still see the home page content. The interesting thingis, if I go to backend.
I see my page content, but not in the front end. 
Also, the revision says that the last update was 2 days ago, but I updated it just before the chat.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello mary,

I checked your site and vendors page and in Upfront Editor it looked like template that was used was missing the Post Content element. It was showing the main page global header region - so that is why it was same for home page.
    I have added new region under the header region and I have added the Post Data element to show the content you have in editor:

I haven't deleted header region from that page, because I wasn't sure if it shouldn't be there - but you can edit that page in the Upfront Editor and delete that region if you don't need it.

I'm still not sure how to replicate this issue - would it be possible that when you were editing page in WordPress admin you changed maybe it's template?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• mary

Hi, I deleted the post data region and replaced it with text, which is what I do with every page. It was working fine that way for days while I was building it. The header should be there, yes - the global header is on every page. I have since rebuilt the page with a new name.

Meanwhile, the page in question still shows the home page to me, no matter which device or browser I use. Whether I go to the page through the Editor or the front end, all I see is the home page.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello mary,

Meanwhile, the page in question still shows the home page to me, no matter which device or browser I use. Whether I go to the page through the Editor or the front end, all I see is the home page.

I checked again this page and I do see the content of the vendors page (like it's in the WordPress admin editor). Please see screenshots

It does have global region from the home page, but this is one I haven't removed. Do you see only global region from home page there?

I'm not sure we are now on the same page - you have edited this page only in Upfront Editor? So it had different content than in WordPress admin editor? I see that you mentioned Revisions - those are working only of WordPress admin editor is used, not the Upfront editor - hence confusion on my side.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• mary

Hello,

That isn't the header. It's a piece of the actual home page content. Here is the top portion of what the page is supposed to look like, and what the page I created DID look like previously (I have since recreated it since I had to go live with the site).

To answer your question as far as the upfront, yes, I have only edited it there. I'm calling it a revision when I revise something.... not sure what the terminology is in Upfront but that's what make sense to me. At any rate, I corrected the p problem for my purposes by creating a whole new page. What you are seeing now, by the way, is not what was appearing when this problem started. The Vendor text (the bottom half of the page) was NOT on this page at that time. The image occupying the header spot at the top of the page is the background image of the home page, and it was appropriately located, with the header above. I have not edited or touched this page since I started this thread, yet it seems to be changing in all kinds of ways.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello mary,

What you are seeing now, by the way, is not what was appearing when this problem started. The Vendor text (the bottom half of the page) was NOT on this page at that time. The image occupying the header spot at the top of the page is the background image of the home page, and it was appropriately located, with the header above. I have not edited or touched this page since I started this thread, yet it seems to be changing in all kinds of ways.

Yes, page looks like that because I have edited it (https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/uf-another-page-is-showing-home-page-content#post-1302203 ) and added region for the main content and Post Data that pulled content from page in WordPress editor.
    Before I have edited it there was only Header with navigation and global region that is also on the home page.

Upfront does not have full support for WordPress revisions, that can be seen in WordPress editor:

Those revisions will not be changed when you remove Post Data element and use Text Element on Page. So if you were using only Text Elements and editing in Upfront, revision would only show change when page was Edited in WordPress admin editor or when using Upfront and Post Data element. That is why I thought that Post Data was missing or page was edited in the WordPress admin editor.

Because you site it live now, I don't want to more extensive tests there - but to see why this broke I would need to try to replicate this issue (now when I have much more clear view). Is it possible to make another staging site on temporary url like it was before? Then I could try to "break" it again there and see what went wrong.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• mary

Ah, ok. Now that part is becoming clear to me! Before I chose a theme for this site, I copied text from the customer's previous website into Wordpress pages. When I decided to use an upfront theme, I actually deleted the post data came through from those pages and cut and pasted the content into text sections because I just find them easier to edit. I didn't edit it again in Wordpress after that, and the issue did not arise until after I had been using the upfront editor for a while. Anyway, the site is working fine at this point so we might as well call this resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.