Ulimiate facebook auto posting to users wall

I would request if the users grant permissions while signup and when any post is published it should auto post to those users who have granted permission "Post on behalf" ..Is that feature allready there... or you can add

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings vineet957,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The plugin comes with a "Facebook Publishing" metabox, where your users can decide to publish the post on their Facebook profile. This setting will only show if you don't set up automatic publishing, though - if this is set, the only thing they can tweak in the settings is the title that will be posted.

• vineet957
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Vladislav So you mean the feature is some what allready their . If any user submit a frontend post it will auto posted to his own facebook profile "with Title". What I am looking was auto post to all the users who have granted permission.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings vineet957,

Thank you for the additional inquiry in which I will go ahead and ping @Vladislav in here for additional authoritative clarification.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Unfortunately, no - the auto-posting (if set) will trump this, and the Facebook Publishing metabox will look much simpler - it will just allow you to post on Facebook under a different title. With auto-posting turned off, the metabox will allow the said selection, and allow your users to post to their walls instead of a common, shared endpoint.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings vineet957,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• digitalempire
    • Flash Drive

Hi guys,
    This is something we're having trouble figuring out as well. So are you saying that it should look like this on the UF admin page if we want the user to post to their own wall for a front-end post?

[ ] Allow autoposting new posts to Facebook
    [x] Allow frontend autoposting to Facebook

I only ask because the directions on the Usage page are ourdated and don't coorespond to what you're saying. I love it though, just don't completely understand how we can make this work successfully to post to the users wall when they add a new post on the front end.

Best,
    dan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dan,

Thank you for the question and indeed after reading through the lead developers last post a couple of times I think you got it right and you will know for sure if you are able to add the title from the front end.

Your settings look spot on for what I anticipate he was pointing out.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The problem with this setup is that the metabox won't be shown on the frontend, so the autoposting on Facebook is the only option for this sort of posting. Unfortunately, getting the metabox to work with your theme (and possibly any number of plugins that adds the frontend posting ability, if it's not your theme) is simply too much of a moving target to be added reliably.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.