ulitimate facebook settings error: "An error occurred. Please try again later."

Hi all,
I had Ultimate Facebook running fine. Reinstalled WP on our server and went to setup Ultimate Facebook again.
It installs fine, but when I go to set up the plugin, I create the app, following the instructions, enter the API key, Application Secret, and Application ID - save changes, and then go to grant extended permissions.
However I receive the following error in the FB pop-up box:
"An error occurred. Please try again later."

Any ideas on what is going wrong here? I have tried multiple times with multiple new versions of the FB app.

thanks

• tlewis
    • New Recruit

no joy there. I installed Ultimate FB, got it running perfectly - followed stated setup requirements, on another test server we're using.

just tried specifying domain as you pointed out, however it made no difference.

it's annoying when you get a meaningless error message...

any further thoughts? from my browsing around the forum it seems that the plugin is pretty trouble free if you get the settings right...

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi tlewis, apologies for the delay! There's been a recent update to the plugin as you may have seen. Could you let us know how that works for you, just in case anything there may have provided a quick fix for your particular case?

The error message itself is being returned from Facebook so it would seem more likely this has to do with the app settings but perhaps that latest version will sort that for ya.

If not, could you let us know which version of WordPress you're running and whether your site is using SSL (if it has https urls)?

Thanks,
    David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.