Ultimate Branding 1.1 beta 1

Hi all

Attached is the first beta of Ultimate Branding version 1.1.

We had a few issues with the last release as it caused a few sites to lose their existing Ultimate Branding settings, so I've released this one as a beta here first for a few of you try and let me know if you come across any issues.

Recommended approach

Take a copy of your existing Ultimate branding directory before installing if you can, though you can get the current version of the plugin again via the plugins page if you need it.
Upload the beta version, replacing all files in the ultimate-branding directory
It should pick up all the existing settings from your old install - if it doesn't then please shout and let me know and we can try to track down why.
If you want to go back to the current version, then just replace all the files with the current versions files - existing settings will remain.

Thanks

• Chris Lusk

Barry, what are the differences in this new version? I was actually getting on these forums to recommend an enhancement to the Branding plugin so this works out nicely :slight_smile:

It would be great if I could "lock-down" access to the Branding plugin by administrator. My clients need an Admin login themselves but I don't want them to see the Branding plugin in the plugin list, or see it in the admin area on the left side.

Also, it would be great if this Branding plugin could hide WPMUDEV's own Dev Dashboard plugin notifications. (Or is that an option inside Dev Dashboard?)

Thanks,
    Chris

• Barry

Barry, what are the differences in this new version?

The main changes here are to solve the problems we had with the last release and the lost settings on some installs. There are a couple of bug fixes in there as well, but no new functionality.

It would be great if I could "lock-down" access to the Branding plugin by administrator.

If you add the following to your wp-config.php file once you have set up the branding, then the menus / admin area will be hidden :
    define('UB_HIDE_ADMIN_MENU', true);

• buddha

Hey Barry, I was one of the people who lost all their settings on the previous upgrade attempt (but was able to get back easily by re-installing the previous version that I still had around).

I backed up the old plugin this time , installed the new version, and I am happy to tell you that it works great. I could not upload the zip because it told me another ultimate branding file existed, but I went ahead and deleted the folder in ftp, then uploaded the new version to the plugins folder and had no problems.

One quick question, in what file can I change the favicon auto-resize from 16x16 to something a little larger.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.