Ultimate Branding 1.5.5 Login Image still lost

My custom login image has been suddenly lost. Upgraded to Ultimate Branding Version 1.5.5 in attempt to fix, but it still will not accept the new image URL...it thinks about it and then defaults back to wordpress-logo.png.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Ken J,

Thank you for your question.

My custom login image has been suddenly lost.

Is it happened when you install any new plugin or update anything? if so just try deactivating it.

but it still will not accept the new image URL...it thinks about it and then defaults back to wordpress-logo.png.

Is it displaying any error message?
    Is the correct image appearing in the back end?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Ken J,

Thank you for reply.

Can you try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

If you'd like to avoid end users seeing error messages, you can include this as well:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

This will prevent errors from being displayed, but you can still find them in the log file. For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Also check the javascript console for errors. In Chrome go to "View -> Developer -> Javascript Console" and in Firefox you can go to "Tools -> Web Developer -> Console”

Let me know what errors if any you are getting when saving images!

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• xbladerunner

Hi Ken,

I was wondering if this ever got resolved. I've periodically have had a similar issue -- not of losing the image, but of the plugin not accepting the picture I designate to be the login image -- the login image just defaults back to the wordpress one. I've always presumed it was a plugin conflict with one or two of my other plugins, but have never discerned anything concrete about it. I seem to remember, however, that if I changed the .jpg or .png or whatever it was to something else, l mean to a different file type, that I had some success. I hope that helps, but I was mainly posting in case it doesn't help, as I said, I often have the same issue that goes unresolved and am therefor a little curious about what your solution turns out to be. And thanks for the points earlier, by the way :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.