Ultimate Branding 1.8.2 Breaks Debug Bar

Hello,

I hope the New Year has greeted you favorably.

We are running WP 4.3.1 on a multisite network with 60+ sites.

There exists a long-standing issue with all versions of Ultimate Branding after 1.8.0.1 where upgrading results in a conflict with Special Recent Posts and white screens the site. This has been reported in previous tickets without resolution from WPMUDEV or the plugin developer, so we have kept both plugins at their lower versions that do not try to kill each other and peace has prevailed.

Recently the developer of Special Recent Posts has ceased supporting it and I chose to deactivate it, so we could upgrade Ultimate Branding to 1.8.2.

Unfortunately, upgrading to 1.8.2 still presents a different issue that is preventing Debug Bar from functioning, so I have downgraded back to 1.8.0.1.

Whatever changes occurred in Ultimate Branding in the nest point release after 1.8.0.1 seem to be related to all these issues. As long as we stay at 1.8.0.1 everything is happy, but upgrade to any higher version (even the next point version) and..... then the fight started. :slight_smile:

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Milan

Hello @SooBahkDo,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I've installed Debug bar plugin with Ultimate Branding to test how its functioning with our Ultimate Branding plugin. I can confirm that debug bar is functioning well with latest Ultimate Branding plugin on my sandbox site. If there is some context in which I can look at directly please point me there. Because I've tested debug bar on many pages, its working fine. But there could be some clue which I might have missed, Can you be kind enough to tell me where to check to get conflict problem.

Thanks for being with us. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.