Ultimate Branding 500 error

When trying to access to Ultimate branding, it shows a 500 error:

https://boy*****z.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=branding

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Larry,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

The problem here is the "Biznizz-BtM" theme. You're using PHP 7.1.12 for your site, which is a good thing, but unfortunately the theme turns out to be incompatible with it.

There are some parts of theme code that are using "hardcoded" functions (like "mysql_real_escape_string()") that are no longer available in PHP 7.x. These routines come from mysql_ extension that was deprecated since PHP 5.5.x release and finally removed entirely with 7.x version.

The same issue (the 500 error) that you experienced with Ultimate Branding happens also with other parts of the sub-site that's using this theme, for example on "Flamingo", "Contact" and "SG Optimizer" (to name just a few) pages of sub-site's back-end.

The "workaround" solution here is to downgrade PHP to e.g. 5.6.x version but I wouldn't recommend it as it might trigger other issues and would also make entire setup slower and less secure.

Instead, I would suggest either switching to some other theme or getting in touch with theme developers and asking them to update the theme to make it PHP 7.x compatible (meaning replacing all the calls to "mysql_" functions with relevant PHP 7 functions).

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.