[Ultimate Branding] Admin Bar Logo

Hello!! Hope you're well :slight_smile:

I've been trying to change the "W" image in the admin bar at the top of the screen when a user is logged in. I've managed to remove it but I can't seem to figure out how to actually change the image to my own logo.

I've uploaded a couple of test images and none have worked, now unless they're too big (they are larger than the original WordPress "W":wink: I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Does the image have to have specific dimensions? Maybe I'm not supposed to be using a PNG? The thing is, I have no idea and the documentation is surprisingly unhelpful here.

I'm sorry if I sound unhappy, I'm not, I'm just frustrated, I've been trying to figure this out all night lol.

I love the stuff you guys produce, you all do a fantastic job!!
Thanks so much for all that you do and I look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Paul

• Nahid

Hey Paul !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I've uploaded a couple of test images and none have worked

Does this mean that the uploaded images doesn't show up as the admin bar logo at all or they appear but seem distorted?

The admin bar logo image has a maximum height limit of 32 pixels, the recommended dimensions are 20 pixels x 20 pixels (according to the default admin bar logo). It accepts both JPG and PNG image formats.

Would you be able to try resizing/cropping your logo image according to the recommended dimensions and see if that makes a difference?

If the above doesn't work, could you grant Support Access from the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin so that we can take a closer look? This handy guide can help you grant Support Access.

Hope this helps. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Paul

Hey Nahid,

REALLY sorry not to have gotten back to you sooner but the Pollen count here in Denmark has gone through the roof and my allergies have been triggered so badly that I've barely been able to see the screen, let alone breath due to all the sneezing lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I messed about with it and it came down to the fact that I wasn't using the correct dimensions. I'd uploaded a rather large logo (hoping it would be resized and usable) but something happened making only the corner of it visible and that made it look like it wasn't working at all.

But all fixed now :smiley: Thanks

I've got another issue now, (due to php) that I'll open a fresh ticket for, so as not to confuse things.

Thanks for looking into this, its much appreciated :slight_smile:

Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.