ULTIMATE BRANDING BROKEN AGAIN!

Hello,
I previously had a ticket about the fact that I lost all "Ultimate Branding" content when I had to disable the plugin for a conflict test. Well, it has happened again. The ticket was marked "resolved" and it was stated that this was fixed in version 2.2.1. I am in that version, and I had to deactivate for a plugin test, and now all my content is gone. Please give this another look.

PS - BY the time you look at it, I will likely have reconstructed the content, so if you see a UB footer, it's the new one I am making.

  • Kasia Swiderska

    Hello mary,

    I'm sorry to hear that this happen on your site. However, when I checked your site I can see that you have Footer Content module enabled that is not really available on the Single WP installations and I can see that you have an Must Use plugin that enables that module for Single Sites and that might be causing problems with Ultimate Branding.
    I tested Ultimate Branding on both single and Multisite installation and Footer Content didn't lose the settings or content with deactivation.
    Can you share the code you have for enabling that module on your single WordPress? I will test it against deactivation and see what it does.

    kind regards,
    Kasia

  • mary

    Kasia,

    The footer you see was created in Beaver Builder after I posted this, so it doesn't have anything to do with the problem. I think from now on I will use this one, though. I don't know what you mean about a "must use" module enabling it, I am not using the theme footer which would be the only must-use module, I think. BUT - I have a theory on how this happened.

    I haven't worked on this particular site in a while, and I honestly don't remember when i last updated UB on it. I deactivated the plugins without giving any regard to that, and it very well may have been the old version, with the bug, that was installed on this site. I used the updater I was sent previously on another site where I had lost content, but I didn't go site-to-site with it or anything. As I was reactivating, I just updated anything that was asking for an update, and I honestly don't know for sure but I'm guessing UB was one of them. So I think the content was lost because I was on the old version, and then I updated to 2.2.1, which caused me to think I had lost content on that update version. So the fault is mine for not updating my plugins more often, especially before deactivating. This is a guess but I think it probably makes more sense than the idea that the problem returned exclusively for me.

    Thanks for looking into it but I am satisfied the issue isn't with the plugin. Chalk it up to "operator error."

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.