Ultimate Branding causing fatal error

Hi,
In setting up the Ultimate Branding plugin, I clicked on 'Enable All' and now I'm getting the error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function is_main_query() on a non-object in /home/lyrixtube/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 749

I think it's because I forgot to disable Theme My Login and there may be some conflicts, but now I can't access wp-admin. I thought going into my cPanel and deleting TML would fix it, but to no avail. What should I do?

Thanks!
-tt

• Dimitris

Hey there Hitt-Girl,

I trust you're well today! :slight_smile:

You can manually deactivate any plugin simply by accessing your server via FTP or another file manager system and renaming the plugin folder. In your case, I'd rather deactivate Ultimate Branding like this, just rename
    /wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding
    to
    /wp-content/plugins/_ultimate-branding
    (mind the underscore in front of the plugin folder name)

Then the admin access should be working again and Ultimate Branding should be deactivated.

Try to deactivate "Theme My Login", rename back Ultimate Branding folder name and activate it from plugins listing (wp-admin/plugins.php).

Let me know how that goes for you!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Hitt-Girl!

Could you please give it another go with just one additional "twist"? What I mean is:

- rename Ultimate Branding folder
    - login to the site
    - now visit the "Plugins -> All plugins" page and you should get a message that the "Ultimate Branding" plugin has been disabled
    - only after that rename the folder again and see if that's causing an error.

If that doesn't help, let me know here please and I'll provide you with a way to safely send me access credentials to your site and server and will check it.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Hitt-Girl

Hi there Adam,
    Sorry for the delay, I've been working over the weekend trying to figure it all out. I tried your "twist" and it worked--sort of:
    I am able to re-activate UB without getting the white screen of death, but now when I try to configure the plugin, I get a message saying I don't have access.
    I'm still quite unclear about how BP & Multisite work, but I'm learning more everyday thanks to WPMU Dev!! At this point, I'm in a test environment, just trying out different ideas, plugins, themes, etc.... So, how hard would it be to delete everything and start over at the end of my testing/learning process? (Meaning, would it affect my account?)
    Of course, if I can avoid starting all over that would be great too. So, Yes. Feel free to access my server and check it out. Thanks so much! You guys are the greatest!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Hitt-Girl,

Starting your site from scratch will not affect your WPMU DEV account in any way if that's what you're asking, you have our products installed on as many sites as you want, over and over again.

Before doing that it might better we have a look at your site and check what's going on.

You can send us your FTP or cPanel details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Site login url
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Hitt-Girl,

Thanks for sending in the login details, I did some tests on your site and I had no issues with using Ultimate Branding, I tried going to Ultimate Branding panel, enabling couple of modules, accessing those modules, deactivating them afterwards and during that I had no errors showing.

I did notice that you left renamed folder of Ultimate Branding so I renamed it back to original name.

Can you tell me if there are any specific steps I can follow to try and see this issue on your site?

Best regards,
    Predrag