Ultimate Branding Disables Wordpress Admin entirely

Every time i install this it knocks out my Wordpress admin. Just get a white screen. No error codes or anything. Deleted entirely and reinstalled just to be sure.

Please advise on how I can start debugging this issue.

• Aicee Taguilaso

Hey Ryan,

I hope you're well today!

I'm sorry you're having that problem. Have you tried deactivating other plugins to see if it conflicts with Ultimate Branding plugin, as well as switching to default WordPress themes, such as Twenty Fifteen?

You can also use WordPress debug function to see what type of errors are being shown. Just add the following code in your wp-config.php file:

error_reporting(E_ALL); ini_set('display_errors', 1);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true);

Let me know if that helps!
    If you're still having the issue, I could take a closer look on your site. Just grant support access from the dashboard plugin. See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Thanks!

Regards,
    Aicee

• Ryan Breen

Here is error output

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object in /home/reinvent/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 358
    Call Stack
    # Time Memory Function Location
    1 0.0002 270192 {main}( ) ../plugins.php:0
    2 0.0003 277256 require_once( '/home/reinvent/public_html/wp-admin/network/admin.php' ) ../plugins.php:11
    3 0.0010 335040 require_once( '/home/reinvent/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php' ) ../admin.php:13
    4 0.0013 350912 require_once( '/home/reinvent/public_html/wp-load.php' ) ../admin.php:31
    5 0.0015 367856 require_once( '/home/reinvent/public_html/wp-config.php' ) ../wp-load.php:29
    6 0.0024 447216 require_once( '/home/reinvent/public_html/wp-settings.php' ) ../wp-config.php:119
    7 0.6379 49767888 do_action( ) ../wp-settings.php:237
    8 0.6699 53297832 call_user_func_array:{/home/reinvent/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php:496} ( ) ../plugin.php:496
    9 0.6699 53297912 UltimateBrandingAdmin->load_modules( ) ../plugin.php:496
    10 0.6781 53548096 ub_load_single_module( ) ../ubadmin.php:215
    11 0.6791 53642336 include_once( '/home/reinvent/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/admin-help-content.php' ) ../functions.php:127
    12 0.6791 53642496 ub_Ahc_AdminHelpContent->__construct( ) ../admin-help-content.php:338
    13 0.6797 53684304 ub_Ahc_AdminHelpContent->_initialize_help_content( ) ../admin-help-content.php:71
    14 0.6804 53687304 apply_filters( ) ../admin-help-content.php:101
    15 0.6827 53705960 call_user_func_array:{/home/reinvent/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php:213} ( ) ../plugin.php:213
    16 0.6827 53705992 wpr_check_content( ) ../plugin.php:213
    17 0.6828 53708888 get_seo_patterns( ) ../re-invent.php:1761
    18 0.6847 53732992 get_permalink( ) ../re-invent.php:1181
    19 0.6854 53743936 get_page_link( ) ../link-template.php:139
    20 0.6855 53744032 _get_page_link( ) ../link-template.php:324

• Aicee Taguilaso

Hi Ryan,

I see. One last thing, could you please send me your FTP details, so I can look further on your files. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    Select "I have a different question" for the topic

And kindly send in the following:

Subject: "Attn: Aicee"
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference

Please respond here once done.
    Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Aicee

• Aicee Taguilaso

Hi Ryan,

I tried doing the plugin conflict test by deactivating your plugins and reactivating them one by one to see if there's a conflict between your plugins. I found out that there's a conflict with your "Re-invent Realty Cloud" plugin. I deactivated it, and installed and activated the "Ultimate Branding" plugin. WordPress Admin is now working fine.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
    Thank you!

Regards,
    Aicee

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there Ryan,

I just reviewed your feedback. First of all, apologies for the issues here.

You're trying to make changes to a site and install a plugin direct to a production environment?

It's best practice to have a staging/sandbox website, in fact we highly recommend this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

You should always test anything new including upgrades on a sandbox install first. If you do this on a production site then you do so at your own peril and we can’t be held accountable.

When granting support staff access, you are giving us expressed permission to troubleshoot your issue. This involves temporarily deactivating plugins and themes; as well as editing code. Therefore it is important you do a backup first. If there is anything you don’t want us to do, let us know when granting access. We will work quickly to minimize downtime. You should grant access on sandbox installs when possible.

From the enabling staff access page that Aicee linked to we do advise:

You should also review our Getting Support Guidelines, it includes important information on how we use access to debug issues. By granting access, you agree to allow us to debug.

Looking at the credit on the plugin page the plugin appears to be a beta you made, and not one I can download and look at. You would need to debug that further as this is a live site and you don't want us to make any changes.

Alternatively, if you wish to create a staging site I'd be happy to ask one of our second level support if they can look and give some pointers, or if the issue is on our side we could have our developers look into it.

Have a great weekend!

• Ryan Breen

Thanks for your reply...

Couple of things.

This mu install is a staging environment. However the plugin disabled was not.

I asked for support help on the Ultimate Branding Plugin.

Where I asked for support was to figure out why this plugin was knocking off the system admin.

I understand that this includes as I previously had read in your support

When granting support staff access, you are giving us expressed permission to troubleshoot your issue. This involves temporarily deactivating plugins and themes; as well as editing code. Therefore it is important you do a backup first. If there is anything you don’t want us to do, let us know when granting access. We will work quickly to minimize downtime. You should grant access on sandbox installs when possible.

To be inherently clear. I did not give permission to permanently disable a plugin on the install.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for getting back to me, I see how that was interpreted. Appologies for that and the leaving it disable. Usually we'd reenable the previously active ones, but still temporarily leave the conflicting ones offline until we've demonstrated to the member (you in this case) where the conflict lays. This is to ensure the site remains functioning. If the other plugin were a publically available one we'd normally try to replicate the setup and issue our end.

This mu install is a staging environment. However the plugin disabled was not.

Just so I have this right, the one we had access to was a staging one, but disabling a plugin there affected a live one?

Sorry, I just want to get this clear within my own mind what happened there.

If this is a staging site, would you like one my second level support (SLS) guys to take a further look. SLS are more advanced coders. We'd need FTP (I see you sent this, if it's still valid that's good) and network admin access (can you email that please) rather than general support access through the dashboard plugin.

If you're happy to do that, please send another email with the network admin access. Please also include any specifics about what might affect the live site. And what must absolutely remain active once they've done. They will work as quickly as possible to minimise any disruptions.

If we don't chat before Monday, have a great weekend!