Ultimate Branding failed to open stream bug

In the current version (v1.5.5) of the Ultimate Branding plugin, my development WordPress site is getting the following error:

Warning: getimagesize([path_to_branding_image]): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/incuwp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/login-image.php on line 97

I am currently receiving this error in our development instance of WordPress. I have not updated our production version due to this bug. I believe the error is occurring due to the branding image's path pointing to the production server, which is unreachable from development. However, in the previous version, this error would not occur and it would use the file in the default location for branding:

[uploads folder]/ultimate-branding/includes/login-image/login-form-image.png

This option seems to have been removed from the code.

Additionally, I tried updating the branding image, but the "Browse" button does nothing. How do I update the branding image in my development environment to point to a local branding file?

- - - - -

Also, after looking at the code, I did notice a bug in the logic. In the login-image.php file in the stylesheet function, the following code is written:

$login_image_old = ub_get_option('ub_login_image_url', false);

if (isset($login_image_old) && trim($login_image_old) !== '') {
$login_image = $login_image_old;
$dimensions = getimagesize($login_image_dir);
$height = $dimensions[1];
$width = $dimensions[0];
}

This code does not take into account that $login_image_old could equal false. This could potential cause the same error I'm getting, but for a different reason.