Ultimate Branding - Favicon in Dashboard?

Stupid question - Is there a way to get the favicon to appear when in the dashboard using the Ultimate Branding plugin?

It seems to be working everywhere else on the network, but not any of the dashboards/admin screens.

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @Ryan

Welcome to the forums!

There's no such thing as stupid questions; only inappropriate answers :slight_smile:

My turn! I have a few questions for you...

1. Did you network-activate the plugin?

2. Did you enable the "Custom Multisite Favicons" module and upload your image under the new "Images" tab?

3. Do you have any other plugins enabled on your network that add/modify the dashboard appearance or content?

On my test installs, the favicon displays correctly both front and backend on the main site as well as subsites.

• Ryan
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the help Tom and Patrick!

Here's the answers to Patrick's questions:

1. Yes, the plugin is network-activated.

2. Yes, Custom Multisite Favicons module is enabled and the image is uploaded. The image appears for all front-endsites, just not back-end (Dashboard, etc.)

3. Ultimate Branding is the only plugin I'm using that can add/modify dashboard appearance.

Tom, did you encounter this same issue? I am just wondering if it is just for me.

Thanks again for the help!

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @Ryan. Can you check to see if the favicon file is in the /wp-content/uploads/ultimate-branding/includes/favicon folder? I had the same issues and had to copy it to this folder manually to fix the bug.

If it is there, try resetting it in the WPMDU DEV Dashboard Images section, then re-uploading it and saving changes. Flush cache and try again. If still no luck, try resetting it, deleting the image from that folder, flushing cache and manually uploading the favicon to that folder. I had to do it a couple of times, but it finally worked.

Also, are you using a .ico or a .png? If you're using a .ico, try using a .png to see if that fixes the issue. Hope this helps.

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

OK all, the plugin doesn't attempt to put a admin favicon on the browser tabs.

The program fix is to go to
    plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/favicon.php

and add this line to line 213
    echo '<link rel="shortcut icon" href="' . $site_ico . '" />';

so the lines

if ( file_exists( $uploaddir . '/ultimate-branding/includes/favicon/favicon.png' ) ) {
    			$site_ico = $uploadurl . '/ultimate-branding/includes/favicon/favicon.png';

echo '<style type="text/css">
    			#header-logo { background-image: url(' . $site_ico . '); }
    			#wp-admin-bar-wp-logo > .ab-item .ab-icon { background-image: url(' . $site_ico . '); background-position: 0; }
    			</style>';
    		}

becomes

if ( file_exists( $uploaddir . '/ultimate-branding/includes/favicon/favicon.png' ) ) {
    			$site_ico = $uploadurl . '/ultimate-branding/includes/favicon/favicon.png';
    			echo '<link rel="shortcut icon" href="' . $site_ico . '" />';
    			echo '<style type="text/css">
    			#header-logo { background-image: url(' . $site_ico . '); }
    			#wp-admin-bar-wp-logo > .ab-item .ab-icon { background-image: url(' . $site_ico . '); background-position: 0; }
    			</style>';
    		}

Hope that helps

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The 1.1 release is a fixed version of the old 1.0.5 release with the aim of fixing the issue that made us have to revert back to version 1.0.3. Now that it is out and there are no reports of the same issue we can move forward and get other bug fixes in the next few updates.

• kevin_m__schafer
    • New Recruit

When I enabled this feature in the "Ultimate Branding" plugin, I thought it would enable each sub site to have its own unique favicon by placing a link in their dashbord sidebar settings. The branding feature does say "Custom Multisite Favicons" -- as in plural.

If I'm mistaken, I apologize. I've been using the "Personal Favicon" and it allows each sub site to have its own unique favicon.

Best,
    Kevin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.