Ultimate Branding Feature Request: "Site Moderation" add-in

If you want to change ALL occurrences of a word on a site or across a network, is there an easy way to do this without creating a filter for every instance of the word. I was unable to find a plugin that would extend the native wordpress "Comment Moderation" feature to apply to all text within a site or network - only to moderate comments. Maybe a "Site Moderation" add-in could be added to the Ultimate Branding plugin.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Bryan, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I understand that you're wanting to change occurrences of a word across the network, but I'm not sure that I quite follow this part of your comment:

I was unable to find a plugin that would extend the native wordpress "Comment Moderation" feature to apply to all text within a site or network - only to moderate comments

Could you clarify and elaborate on that for me please?

Oh, I also noticed that this thread wasn't attached to the Ultimate Branding plugin, I've taken care of that for you here. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Bryan

HI @Michael,

I found several plugins that would extend the functionality of the comment moderation feature of wordpress, but the only thing they would do was filter comments or any translatable text. I have been unable to find a good text replace plugin that will allow you to replace ANY text within a site or network. The Ultimate Branding plugin allows you to edit any translatable text, but it doesn't seem to affect any other text on a site.

I am thinking of something that would not only allow you to access and moderate text globally across a site or network, but maybe extend it with something like regex matching or another pattern matching syntax/system.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Bryan,

I guess I'm a bit confused here, one would think that when comment moderation comes into the picture, wouldn't that entail the moderating of comments, rather than changing text globally?

Maybe there's another aspect that I'm not seeing here, could you clarify how comment moderation equals (or ties in) to changing text globally? I'd like to make sure that I'm understanding this correctly. :slight_smile:

That being said though, this part:

I am thinking of something that would not only allow you to access and moderate text globally across a site or network, but maybe extend it with something like regex matching or another pattern matching syntax/system.

Does remind me of this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/real-time-find-and-replace/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.