Ultimate Branding Global Footer Missing

In Single WordPress site, I'm updating Ultimate Branding plugin from version 1.9.3 to version 2.0. After the plugin updated, this has removed the Global Footer section from the dashboard side.

Could notice the changelog regarding this, from version 1.9.8:

Modules "Global Footer Content", "Global Header Content" and "Network Wide Text Change" becomes network install only and it will be not available in single site installation

However, the Global Footer setting in the version 1.9.3, is still saved, and is working when I check the site. There isn't any setting to update, or remove this anymore in Version 2.0.

Had to revert to 1.9.3 for now. Looking for a fix to correct this version 2.0. Please advise.

• Nithin

Hello Mark,

As mentioned in chat, this seems to be a bug in the plugin side. I'm marking this ticket as a bug, and bringing into our developers attention, so that we could see whether there is any quick fix that could be applied for you to make use of the latest plugin.

Will keep you posted once I get a feedback regarding this from the developer. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hello Mark,

Hope you are doing great. :slight_smile:

I got an update regarding this from the developer, and this is something which will be corrected in the next plugin update. However, from version 1.9.8, Global Footer, and Global Header is only available in WordPress multisites.

As a workaround, you can edit the following file path:
    /wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/includes/config.php

And remove the line 62 from it, that's, edit the following portion:

'global-footer-content.php' => array(
    			'module' => 'global-footer-content/global-footer-content.php',
    			'tab' => 'footer',
    			'page_title' => __( 'Footer Content', 'ub' ),
    			'title' => __( 'Global Footer Content', 'ub' ),
    			'network-only' => true,
    		),

To:

'global-footer-content.php' => array(
    			'module' => 'global-footer-content/global-footer-content.php',
    			'tab' => 'footer',
    			'page_title' => __( 'Footer Content', 'ub' ),
    			'title' => __( 'Global Footer Content', 'ub' ),
    		),

Once done you should be able to enable the Global Footer Content, under Branding > Dashboard, and make the necessary changes to it.

Considering this feature down the road, to make use of "Global Footer Content" in future release, ie from version 2.1, you just need to add the following code to activate in the plugin dashboard, so that you don't have to edit the files as mentioned above.

add_filter( 'ultimatebranding_available_modules', 'turn_on_footer_on_single_site' );

function turn_on_footer_on_single_site( $config ) {
        if (
            isset( $config['global-footer-content.php'] )
            && isset( $config['global-footer-content.php']['network-only'] )
        ) {
            unset( $config['global-footer-content.php']['network-only'] );
        }
        return $config;
    }

You can implement the code via the functions.php file in your child theme, or implement it as a mu-plugins as mentioned in the following article:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further query. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear about that. I'm checking this with the developer to see what's status regarding this in the plugin side. I'm afraid, seems like the new plugin update doesn't offer this out of the box.

Whats more, is all of my copyright global footer on 300 websites has disappeared. This has adversely affected me.

Was the above mentioned code, which had to implemented as mu-plugins present in those websites? The code has to be present as a mu-plugins, for the plugin to display Global Footer in latest version.

I'm attaching the above code as a zip file, so you could upload the file under /wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder, and see whether it works until we get a status regarding this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience due to this, will keep you updated once we get a feedback from the developer.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Mark,

I just got an update regarding, this will be fixed in the next upcoming version of Branda 3.0. The version 3.0, is a major update as mentioned in here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/roadmap/#wpmud-roadmap-product-branda30

At the moment, I don't have an exact ETA on when the next update will be made available, the plugin is at testing phase, and it should be available soon.

Until the release of v 3.0, I'm afraid, the workaround would be of implementing the code as mu-plugins as mentioned above. If you still have issue with implementing the mu-plugins, please do let us know, and we'll make sure to give a closer look at it.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Guys,

I can create the footer I need another way as I'm only dealing with a single website, but it would be really helpful to retrieve the code I made before the global footer option disappeared to save some time.

Jay In case you aren't aware, mu-plugins could also be used inside a single WordPress website too. It isn't meant to be used specifically for multisite. You could either add the code as mu-plugins, or inside the themes functions.php file, so that the Global Footer options appears just like it was before, in Ultimate Branding plugin.

The code inside functions.php will be as below:

add_filter( 'ultimatebranding_available_modules', 'turn_on_footer_on_single_site' );                                  

function turn_on_footer_on_single_site( $config ) {
       if (
           isset( $config['global-footer-content.php'] )
           && isset( $config['global-footer-content.php']['network-only'] )
       ) {
           unset( $config['global-footer-content.php']['network-only'] );
       }
       return $config;
    }

If you are still looking to retrieve code, another workaround, but not a recommend method would be to download the older version of the plugin from the plugin homepage, you should see the download options for all versions listed by clicking the "Changelog" link:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Any idea when branda will be released?

Mark Branda is in Q/A testing phase, and our Q/A Team is extensively testing the plugin. I'm afraid, we still don't have an exact ETA, however it wouldn't be taking too long, as we are looking forward to release it asap.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.