Ultimate Branding Global Footer Missing

In Single WordPress site, I'm updating Ultimate Branding plugin from version 1.9.3 to version 2.0. After the plugin updated, this has removed the Global Footer section from the dashboard side.

Could notice the changelog regarding this, from version 1.9.8:

Modules "Global Footer Content", "Global Header Content" and "Network Wide Text Change" becomes network install only and it will be not available in single site installation

However, the Global Footer setting in the version 1.9.3, is still saved, and is working when I check the site. There isn't any setting to update, or remove this anymore in Version 2.0.

Had to revert to 1.9.3 for now. Looking for a fix to correct this version 2.0. Please advise.

• Nithin

Hello Mark,

As mentioned in chat, this seems to be a bug in the plugin side. I'm marking this ticket as a bug, and bringing into our developers attention, so that we could see whether there is any quick fix that could be applied for you to make use of the latest plugin.

Will keep you posted once I get a feedback regarding this from the developer. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hello Mark,

Hope you are doing great. :slight_smile:

I got an update regarding this from the developer, and this is something which will be corrected in the next plugin update. However, from version 1.9.8, Global Footer, and Global Header is only available in WordPress multisites.

As a workaround, you can edit the following file path:
    /wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/includes/config.php

And remove the line 62 from it, that's, edit the following portion:

'global-footer-content.php' => array(
    			'module' => 'global-footer-content/global-footer-content.php',
    			'tab' => 'footer',
    			'page_title' => __( 'Footer Content', 'ub' ),
    			'title' => __( 'Global Footer Content', 'ub' ),
    			'network-only' => true,
    		),

To:

'global-footer-content.php' => array(
    			'module' => 'global-footer-content/global-footer-content.php',
    			'tab' => 'footer',
    			'page_title' => __( 'Footer Content', 'ub' ),
    			'title' => __( 'Global Footer Content', 'ub' ),
    		),

Once done you should be able to enable the Global Footer Content, under Branding > Dashboard, and make the necessary changes to it.

Considering this feature down the road, to make use of "Global Footer Content" in future release, ie from version 2.1, you just need to add the following code to activate in the plugin dashboard, so that you don't have to edit the files as mentioned above.

add_filter( 'ultimatebranding_available_modules', 'turn_on_footer_on_single_site' );

function turn_on_footer_on_single_site( $config ) {
        if (
            isset( $config['global-footer-content.php'] )
            && isset( $config['global-footer-content.php']['network-only'] )
        ) {
            unset( $config['global-footer-content.php']['network-only'] );
        }
        return $config;
    }

You can implement the code via the functions.php file in your child theme, or implement it as a mu-plugins as mentioned in the following article:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further query. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.