Ultimate Branding: image upload fails

Hi!

I tested the Ultimate Branding plugin on different sites today, and on two sites I got a problem with image upload: when I choose the picture, I get the message "changes saved", but still got the Wordpress logo.

Do I have to set special chmods somewhere?

Thanks,
Alexander

• Gabe
    • The Bug Hunter

It's likely just a bug with Ultimate Branding, others have had the same issue. Try this:

Ultimate branding should have created the following folders:
    wp-content/uploads/ultimate-branding/includes/favicon
    wp-content/uploads/ultimate-branding/includes/login-image

If those folders aren't created, create them and put your images in their respective folders and check again. That should do the trick. They should appear in the Ultimate Branding dashboard menu and on the site now. Let us know if that doesn't work. Hope this helps.

• netzmeister
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Doesn't work, sorry...I created the folders, changed chmod to 775 and uploaded the login picture. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear, neither after refresh nor after I disabled the function and enabled it again.

Now I uploaded the picture directly to the wp-admin/images folder and overwrote the Wordpress logo. But I don't kneed any plugin to do that... :wink:

I tried to find any difference between those installations that worked and the other ones, but didn't find any. By now it's a mystery to me.

Thanks for your help anyway. Please get back to me if there's a solution.

Alexander

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alexander,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with the Ultimate Branding plugin.

The problem here is that there is a misconception of how this works.

The Ultimate Branding plugin does not replace the WordPress logo with your image, to get rid of the WordPress logo and menu while logged into the network admin dashboard go to --> Branding --> Branding --> Disable WordPress menu items --> put a check mark in the WordPress menu box and save changes.

Screen shot below.

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.