[Ultimate Branding] Incorporate global header into Ultimate Branding with the option to override a

Ultimate Branding does not support injecting custom header code into the actual <head> tag of my sites. Instead, it lists content at the top of the <body> tag, rendering it unusable for Google Tag manager and likely other scripts like the Facebook pixel. Please update this plugin to support this feature network wide and allow the Branding plugin to override parent settings when child data is inputted.

• Dimitris

Hello there Jon,

hope you're doing good today and appreciate the feedback here! :slight_smile:

"Header Content" module is indeed for frontend/visible header, not for the <head> tag.
    I've already contacted this request with lead developer though, for further discussion.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on this part though?

Please update this plugin to support this feature network wide and allow the Branding plugin to override parent settings when child data is inputted.

Please keep in mind that the plugin can't be activated both for whole network and in a per-site basis.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Jon

Perhaps an addition to the Hustle plugin, the Google Analytics plugin or even a new plugin would be more appropriate. I'm looking for a way to get network wide analytics data from the multisite and still retain subsite Analytics data and tags when needed. I believe this may be accomplished by injecting a single Google Tag manager container at the network's level, which contains the Google Analytics script for the multisite network. Then, I am hoping to use Google Tag manager across the subsites to invoke scripts and triggers for Facebook pixel and various events. But I want to be able specify a subsites' individual Google Analytics account and invoke subsite specific scripts if needed (which can be presumably accomplished by inside of the Tag Manager).

• Oguz

Hey Jon ,

Hope you're well.

Our Google Analytics + plugin has similar features like one tracking code for the entire network. Did you try that? If you didn't, maybe you want to give a shot https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/google-analytics-for-wordpress-mu-sitewide-and-single-blog-solution/

Please don't forget to check "Documentation" tab for usage of the plugin for multisite https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/google-analytics-for-wordpress-mu-sitewide-and-single-blog-solution/#wpmud-hg-project-documentation

Cheers,
    Oguz

• Jon

Thanks Oguz. I had been using the analytics plugin, which worked very well for analytics data and providing high level traffic insights inside of Multisite. However, when I began looking at deploying additional tracking scripts, I realized the advantages of Tag manager. Not just for script deployment agility and testing but for website load speed.

My recommendation for Wpmudev is to rewrite the Analytics plugin to accommodate either a Google tag manager JS or a Google Analytics JS. Doing so would provide a ton of extra versatility to users. I would recommend looking at the TD Google Tag Manager plugin to incorporate the elements that it passes into the data layer.

I've currently elected to use this TD Google Tag Manager plugin. There are no Multisite wide settings nor WordPress native Analytics reports for Google Analytics, but it does allow me to copy a single template site's plugin settings to cloned sites through Blog Templates/Cloner. So, I can at least populate a template site with my tag manager ID and then not have to worry about additional configuration for any new sites in my Multisite network. If we ever needed override a cloned site's Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager container script to be unique from the multisite script (say, for a client who already has a Google tag manager account), we could simply plug in the new ID into the Google Tag manager plugin for that subsite.

The disadvantage of doing this is that we would then disconnect this cloned subsite from our Multisite network wide Google Analytics data. So, rewriting the Google Analytics plugin to optionally fire two Tag manager scripts for a specific subsite (for an agency's tag manager and a client's tag manager) could bypass this potential problem.

I thought that I would share where my research has led me in case it helps anyone else!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.