ultimate branding memory error exhausting sql limit

Been getting a few memory errors lately.. increased limit via php.ini - and then they creep in again.. today lots of memory errors - I started deleting plugins one by one with file manager, as I could not even get to my super-admin plugins page - kept getting:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7687615 bytes) in /home/blahblahblah/wp-includes/functions.php on line 384

Once I deleted ultimate branding - admin pages loaded just fine..

• djsteve

@Sajid

thanks for the reply. I think it's a couple of plugins causing the issue actually now.. so frustrating.

Is there any way to run a script that will tell me which pieces of php for the site are using up how much memory? I'd love to have a view of memory used by each plugin as they toggle on and off.

Even thought I was able to get back into the admin / plugins screen after disabling this one.. I think it was 5 minutes later I started having a similar issue - although less frequently.. so this plugin was making whatever worse - but likely not the only problem.

I just disabled 8 plugins and left lots of functiality out of mu site for now so it would work. Now I am choosing less features just to function..
    I found some scripts posted here:
    https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2393/determine-sql-server-memory-use-by-database-and-object/

the second says it can pull info acout specific objects.. but I think this is for microsoft servers not unix, so they won't work for me.. not sure if there is something comparable for unix servers that is made to work easy with wordpress and plugins.. sigh.

• djsteve

So I think this has to do with the wpmudev dashboard thing perhaps..

I ended up disabling all (and deleting almost all) plugins - even buddypress to get back into my dashboard.

Decided to test some things.. and saw a notice that himingway theme and iblog have updates available. So I went to enable the wmpudev dashboard - but it was gone since I deleted it. So I "network activated" Ultimate Branding.. knowing that it would nag screen me to install the wpmudev dashboard.. I clicked install wpmudev dashboard.. then BAM!!
    Immediately get:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8990005 bytes) in /home/path/to/sitename/wp-includes/functions.php on line 384

can't get back in my admin dashboard to disable plugins. yay -

So I think it's the wpmudev dashboard that sucks now..
    (at this point all other plugins were not active)
    maybe it's that my site is a large multi-site installed with a sql database that is more than a GB.. but I have felt in the past the wpmudev dashboard was slowing down my site - especially when logged in.. I don't know.. my site is ruined it seems.

Going to think long and hard about just dropping wordpress and moving to dolphin or phpfox I guess.

• Sajid

Hi @djsteve

Hope you are doing good today

I am sorry to hear that WPMUDEV causing trouble for you and making your website slow.

You can check plugins profile with plugin mentioned in this article along with other helpful tips.
    http://www.stumiller.me/how-to-monitor-and-reduce-wordpress-memory-usage-by-plugins/

I am also using WPMUDEV dashboard plugin on my site and max memory limit is set to 256M.

Can you try to increase the max memory limit to 512M by adding following line in wp-config.php.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

If its still did not worked, the I will flag developer here for their invaluable feedback on this matter. We will try to fix this issue if the problem is from our end.

Take care and have a nice day

Cheers, Sajid