[Ultimate Branding] Multisite sub-sites listed in the Images section have same site name

On a multisite install, at the network level > Ultimate Branding > Images, you can set individual favicons for the sub-sites. This is really useful!

What's not really useful is that all the sub-sites on our subdirectory install are given the same name – that of the domain. It would be much more useful to use the Site Title. Not sure if this should be a feature request really – I don't think it was intended to be a feature and it already exists in the product, so I assume it's a bug that needs fixing.

  • Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

    Hi itsnotrocketsurgery

    How are you today?

    The site /subsite title on the browser tab is generated from the Theme Structure using the wp_title() function.
    You can see the function reference at the link:
    https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_title/

    Would you like to be able to replace the subsite name utilising a feature in the Ultimate Branding as the favicon?

    If so, let me know and I will be moving the thread to the FEATURES & FEEDBACK section.

    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

  • itsnotrocketsurgery
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Hi Patrick,

    I'm not sure if I was clear in my explanation. Please see the attached screenshot.

    My multisite is set up to create sites as subdirectories of the domain itsnotrocketsurgery.co.uk, but when I try to edit the Ultimate Branding > Images favicons, each sub-site is listed as itsnotrocketsurgery.co.uk which is very unhelpful.

    If the intention is that these sub-site names use the Site Title, then it's not working. If they've been set up to show something else, then it's not configured in a very helpful way if they all show the same name when they should be showing the name of each sub-site to make them recognisable.

    I presume this is something that needs to be changed in the plugin, and is out of my control.

  • Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

    Hi itsnotrocketsurgery

    Thank you for the screenshot.

    Sorry for I misunderstood the problem above, I checked on my end and didn't get the same result.
    Then I double checked the plugin and realised that I was testing a beta version.

    I moved to the current plugin version and was able to replicate the problem, however, as you can see this was already reported and should be fixed on a future release.

    Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.