Ultimate Branding on Multisite with Genesis themes

Hi,

We have been trying to use Ultimate Branding network-activated (just 3 features at present: a) favicon, b) header c) footer) and have run into some questions.

1. For the favicon, it seems that the Ultimate Branding Favicon was applied to only 107 subsites. We have many more than that in our network, but the favicon was only applied to some. How to get it applied to all?

2. We want to add CSS to the header and footer that would be consistent across all sites, and don't want to go edit the css files of each individual site. It seems that Ultimate Branding does not supply anywhere to add network-wide css and I wonder if you have any recommendations on how to accomplish this (hopefully without adding an additional plugin).

3. There are some themes that do not show the header. While we expected this, it would be great to know some common fixes.

Thank you!

• Nithin

Hi Jim,

Hope you are doing good today.

1. For the favicon, it seems that the Ultimate Branding Favicon was applied to only 107 subsites. We have many more than that in our network, but the favicon was only applied to some. How to get it applied to all?

I wasn't able to replicate this issue, the plugin seems to show favicons for all subsites, once the Custom Multisite Favicons module is enabled.

Please try re-uploading the image, and see whether it works?

2. We want to add CSS to the header and footer that would be consistent across all sites, and don't want to go edit the css files of each individual site. It seems that Ultimate Branding does not supply anywhere to add network-wide css and I wonder if you have any recommendations on how to accomplish this (hopefully without adding an additional plugin).

If you are looking to add the CSS across all you sites, you could try the Global Header Content, and Global Footer Content. Since both the contents allows HTML tags, you can add the CSS inside the style tag, for eg:

<style>
    .site-content {
    background: yellow;
    }
    </style>

3. There are some themes that do not show the header. While we expected this, it would be great to know some common fixes.

The fix depends upon each theme, by default the plugin makes use of the standard WordPress wp_head hook, in order to add any contents globally in header. If there isn't any such hook, I'm afraid the Global header won't work. Could you please enable support access, to these sites, so that we could check whether there is any workaround.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look, if needed. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin