Ultimate Branding plugin has issues :(

After activating the plugin and enabling "Remove WP Dashboard Widgets", on the "Widgets" tab there is a long list of available options to turn off. However, once you've check 1 or 2 and save, I verify what affect it had on the dashboard and then come back and the list is down to 3 or 4 items only. I'm not able to bring back any of those other options.

Also there seems to be no way to fully reset the plugin (remove any settings). I've disabled and activated, no joy. I've disabled, deleted, reinstalled, activated and still all the same configurations are set.

How do I reset this plugin or whip out the configurations?

• James Morris

Hello Tom

I hope you are well today. Thank you for your question.

There's a couple troubleshooting steps I'd like you to try to see if we can narrow down the cause of this problem.

First, could you please run a plugin conflict test as outlined in the following article? This will eliminate the possibility of a conflict with another plugin. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If that does not lead to a solution, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file?

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you've visited the pages that are causing you problems, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, rename that file to debug.txt and attach it to your reply here so we can examine it further.

I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Tom

James,

First thank you for your response, but I think you may have not read what I'm looking for. BTW.. this is a new install of WP Multisite and I have the default template and only had installed WPMUDEV plugins. With that said, I did deactivate all other plugins, but that didn't change anything.

HERE IS MY ISSUE... the "Ultimate Branding" plugin does not allow you to clear out any of the settings saved. After I deactivate and delete the plugin, the settings are still stored somewhere. I know this because as soon as I re-install and activate the plugin, all the settings are there. I need to REST the plugin as if it were never activated and/or configured.

Hope this is a bit more clear. And yes I tried the debug thing, and got nothing.

• James Morris

Hello Tom,

Thank you very much for the clarification. That does help!

You may want to try the Clean Options plugin. This will enable you to inspect the left-behind options and clear those out, effectively resetting back to before the plugin was installed.

What you will want to do is look for the options that start with ub_ and ultimatebranding_ and remove those.

This is an old plugin, but I just tested it on WP 4.7 and it worked without issue.

As always, please make a backup before performing such an operation.

I hope that helps in your situation.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Panos

Hi Tom ,

I haven't tried this plugin metnioned by my colleague James, but this snippet should to do the trick:

function wpmudev_rm_ub_options(){

$option = 'rwp_active_dashboard_widgets';

if(is_multisite() && function_exists('is_plugin_active_for_network') && is_plugin_active_for_network('ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding.php')) {
    		delete_site_option( $option );
    	} else {
    		return delete_option( $option );
    	}

}

add_action( 'plugins_loaded', 'wpmudev_rm_ub_options' );

You can add this in a mu-plugin (in a php file in folder wp-content/mu-plugins. If this folder doesn't exist you can simply create it ), refresh your site (it should remove that option from db) and then remove that code.

Please us know how this works for you

Thanks!
    Panos