Ultimate Branding Shows On Subsites For No Reason

Hey team,

For some reason the Ultimate Branding config tab is showing on all subsites for site owners. I've disabled/re-enabled the plugin to see if I had to resave the settings or something like that but it keeps showing up. When I click on it (logged in as a subsite admin) it just shows a blank page.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Aron

• Aron Prins
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey all,

I've just opened the file ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/classes/ubadmin.php

and wrapped the add_menu_page in a is_super_admin{} tab so ONLY I can see it.

/**
    * Add pages
    */
    function admin_page() {
    // Add in our menu page
    add_menu_page(
    __( 'Branding', 'ub' ),
    __( 'Branding', 'ub' ),
    'manage_options', 'branding',
    array( $this, 'handle_main_page_subsite' ),
    'dashicons-art'
    );
    }

to

/**
    * Add pages
    */
    function admin_page() {
    if ( is_super_admin() ) {
    // Add in our menu page
    add_menu_page(
    __( 'Branding', 'ub' ),
    __( 'Branding', 'ub' ),
    'manage_options', 'branding',
    array( $this, 'handle_main_page_subsite' ),
    'dashicons-art'
    );
    }
    }

as a quick fix but I think this shouldn't happen ?

Cheers,
    Aron

• Dutchman
    • The Bug Hunter

Same problem here.
    The branding menu item is showing on every subsite but nothing is showing (thankfully!).
    I need the branding, network wide without showing on subsites or accessible for siteadmins.

I hope this will be fixed in the next upcoming update?
    Cheers

• Mitch
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, I am having the exact same problem after updating to version 1.8.6 - a few of my clients using subsites have asked what this is. To be completely honest, although this is a very small and harmless bug, this is quite unprofessional, amateurishness and possibly damaging to my business.

What worries me more is that prior to the release of a "stable" plugin update, this mistake/bug was not detected by sufficient testing and quality assurance. Furthermore, it has been 4 days since this support thread was created with no official response or work-around.

I run several wpmudev plugins in production and now I am hesistant to ever deploy future "stable" updates to my environment without spending time testing thoroughly myself. This is really dissapointing from a premium subscription service and I would appreciate an official patch to this as soon as possible.

I apologise for the "complaining" tone of this post, just needed to give some honest feedback on this.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.