Ultimate Branding text change doesn't work for certain themes

I have issues with Ultimate Branding, frontend text change does not work on the majority of themes.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Louis Akporiaye,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Ultimate Branding Text Change module uses theme/plugin translatable strings in order to change the text, and since these themes have links in footer it's bit different to translate.

For example, in Alante theme the translatable string looks like this:
    Developed by %1$s. Powered by %2$s.
    However since this is placed inside input field we also need to escape special characters in order to point to it exactly, so in Ultimate Branding you will need to add this as text to replace:
    Developed by \%1\$s. Powered by \%2\$s.
    After that enter your new text and that should do the trick, here's an example from my test installation:

For BasePress you will need to use this as text to replace:
    \%1\$s designed by \%2\$s

Our developers are looking into improving this in future and remove need for escaping special characters.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Louis,

Issue with links is also something that we're looking to improve since you need to use HTML in order to add URL.

At this moment only workaround is to replace /wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/site-wide-text-change.php with the attached file and then use this HTML as the text you want to have in footer: