[Ultimate Branding] The latest update to Ultimate Branding has disabled all of my Login Screen bac

Hi there,

I hope you're well.

The latest update to Ultimate Branding brings an enhancement regarding the background images. Unfortunately, the update has disabled the existing login screen images that have been set on sites in my multisite network. I'm not sure whether this is a multisite specific issue or whether the same thing's happening in stand alone installs, as well. Irrespective of that, I'd be grateful if you could look into this.

I've found that if I go into the Login screen settings page for a site, the background image still shows as being current and, if I re-save the existing settings it does resolve the issue. However, it would be preferable not to have to do this for every site in my network and, moving forward, if this isn't fixed, I assume it's likely to happen, again, with future updates, which, isn't ideal either.

Kindest regards,

Steve

Kindest regards,

Steve

• Ash

Hello Steve - Just Think BiG

Ultimate Branding does not reset the settings on update.

I have tried to check your issue but I can't replicate that on my test site. I have just tried updating and the settings were there as well as the login page logo image was working.

Do you remember what was the last version you were using? Then I can install that version, set up login logo and then update to the latest if there is any issue.

Please let me know. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Steve - Just Think BiG

Hi Ash,

I hope you're well.

I know that Ultimate Branding doesn't usually reset the settings - certainly, I've never experienced it before - however, on this occasion, that's exactly what's happened.

I tend to install updates promptly and I believe I was up to date with Version 1.9.8.1 (or 1.9.80) and the update to Version 2.0 appears to have been the culprit. Given that this update includes "Added ability to display more backgrounds on "Custom Login Screen" module" is what makes me think this might be the case. Having said that, what does "the ability to display more backgrounds" actually mean?

Here's a screenshot of one of my sites and what I'm getting with all sites using the Login Screen module from Ultimate Branding;

I should also point out that I log into my multisite almost everyday and noticed the change to the background image the very next time I logged into my site, after installing the update.

Kindest regards,

Steve

• Ash

Hello Steve

This is really weird! I have just tested in a fresh single site and a fresh multisite with 1.9.8 as well as 1.9.8.1, then set a login image, updated to 2.0 and still it was showing for me.

I have also tried different combinations on my sites to replicate this issue but could not be successful. Neither we got any other similar report after releasing 2.0.

So, I assume it might just be a glitch on your site, maybe a small db hiccup or something like that or it could be a conflict with any specific settings. I would recommend to export your current UB settings now, keep an eye on it and if it happens again, let us know with that exported file. We can check deeply by then.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.