[Ultimate Branding] Ultimate Branding > Text Change: Admin Bar Text doesnt change

Hi there,
I have tried the plugins from WPMU and they are great! Concerning to the feature of Text Change, I have notice that the Admin Bar text it doesnt take any effect. It is not possible to change the Admin Bar texts of the default menus generated by other plugins?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mario

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As long as the text is "translatable" it Text Change module should be able to handle it. Is this any specific plugin that can't be translated?

Sometimes some of the strings in a code are not wrapped in proper functions to provide translation-compatibility and in such cases Ultimate Branding will not be able to deal with them but otherwise it should be.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Mario
    • New Recruit

Hi there,
    thanks for your reply.

I understand... The string doesnt have a translatable method on code.
    This is happening also with the name of the string of "SmartCrawl" (a plugin of yours) and I think the string in admin bar is not translatable.

It is possible to change the text strings on admin bar with other method, for example, with a php function to force text?

Thanks for help,
    Best regards

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Mario

Thanks for letting me know about SmartCrawl. I have already forwarded that to our developers as a bug. I assume that this might have been on purpose as it's a plugin name but since it's also "disrupting" the ability to customize your site's admin area, I believe it should be fixed.

I'm not able to give you an ETA on this but I believe our developers will handle that. Make sure please that you're keeping the plugin up to date :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Mario
    • New Recruit

Hey,
    nice to know the team think to update the plugin to go further on its scope.
    I will make sure the plugin will be up to date and wait for this "bug" correction. This is a "must have" plugin for me so it is important if support team can add or fix features regularly.

Thanks for the good service you all provide.
    Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.