Ultimate Branding Update bugs in Admin Bar

Hi

After updating the Ultimate Branding plugin today the Wordpress Logo and sub menus have reappeared even though the setting to remove it is selected. It has also prevented the removal of other menus such as the comments and new menus.
The Appearance is different on sub sites from the main site.

The new Parent menu is only visible in the main sites admin bar and is not displayed in the sub sites admin bar.

I would appreciate any help to fix this issue.

I have granted Support Access.

• stacy_bosel
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Thanks for your speedy reply, unfortunately i think you are miss understanding me.

The issue appears to be produced when the subsite was created from the font end via the client registration process, subsites that were created from the Super Admin are not effected. See screenshot.

If you could have another look it would be appreciated.

• jacci
    • Flash Drive

Hello i am having the same issue since the update. The wordpress menu with the W is back and I can't seem to get rid of it either - this has occurred on every site i run that has Ultimate branding. It had worked previously with no problems

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @stacy_bosel

I am very sorry to know that my reply did not help you. I should have explained better.

As you said, it happens when someone registers from front end, so I tried that in your site but worked fine for me.

The last night, I have done another testing and found the issue but in a different way. It only happened for me when subsite admin is already an existing user. Also, it doesn't work with the new feature restriction by role. I do believe the issue in question is a conflict with this role restriction feature.

I have already discussed with the developer and marked that as a bug (I should have let you know earlier) yesterday. Our developer is working on the fix and very soon an update will be released.

We appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @stacy_bosel

I have just tested and it's working fine for me in my test site. I have created two sites from front end and admin menu is working fine for me with latest version of branding plugin. Please checks screenshots.

Then I have created a subsite in your network and create a test site called test1.domain.com and got branded admin menus. I tried to create another site with same user but could not. It took me to signup page but it seems you have custom registration page. Would you please let me know how I can create another site with same account so that I can see the issue?

Cheers
    Ash

• stacy_bosel

Thank you for trying. I am not sure why you couldn't create another site. Unless it is a new bug with Pro Sites you should be fine. maybe you could try again. As you also have Super Admin privileges i would suggest you try creating a site from the dashboard and attribute it to your test user account.

I can assure you the problem is still happening.

• stacy_bosel

I am going to try and say this in a nice way but.

Have you used Wordpress and Pro-sites before?

Your Email is NOT your username! You have tried to log into the admin panel with an invalid username. The security plugin will lock you out for 4 minutes if you input an incorrect username.

The usernames attached to your email address are "test1", "test2" and "atest". I will teach you how i found them. I went to "users" and looked for YOUR EMAIL address. This is something you can do with your access privileges. I should not have to waste my time for stupid errors like this. And on top of the time i have to take out to reply to something so pedestrian an entire day has gone by and you haven't done any testing. You are being paid for support if you would like me to exercise support duties please let me know where i can make the invoice out to.

Please let me know if you would like me to make a screencast to show you how to log in.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @stacy_bosel

I hope you are well today.

Thank for your comment. If you really think I don't know how to login, I am sorry for that misunderstanding then! My IP was locked out, I could not access anything at your site. Today, I have setup a VPN and only then I could connect to your site to changing my IP to a different location.

The usernames attached to your email address are "test1", "test2" and "atest".

Those are not usernames, those are subsite names that I have registered to. The username is "test1".

Anyway, back to the original issue. I have logged in using my test account. I have visited all three subsites, and I can see the admin bar is same in all subsites, screenshot attached.

Would you please share me a substie URL where you can see different admin bar? Also, can I add my test account as admin in that subsite?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• stacy_bosel

Hi @Ashok

I guess i have to laugh at myself here. I did give you the subsite names and not your username, but i am sure you get the point. You were trying to log in with an Email address and they system won't accept emails as usernames. I am sorry for sending the Sub Sit names though.

You can see at this link you have been able to reproduce the issue in the past ( https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ultimate-branding-update-bugs-in-admin-bar#post-869316 ) so i hope you can again.

You asked for the URL to a site that is affected. There are so many i have created a screencast to show you. Please watch the short video and see the bug in action. https://youtu.be/kdVAkmRFei4

I really hope we can resolve this issue soon.

Thanks

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @stacy_bosel,

Thank you for sharing the video.

Actually what is happening we can select User Roles affected by custom admin bar as shown in the attached screenshot so we can select all user roles affected by it except super admin role as this role can access all things on multisite network.

I can see in your shared video that you are testing it using super admin user account so please try using any other non admin user account which is working fine for me.

On the sites that you have shared in your video like Demo site you have not added the super admin user Pete therefore whole custom admin bar functionality is accessible for you.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• stacy_bosel

Hi @Vinod Dalvi

Ok that makes sense. I will continue to do some more testing when i get the chance but if i am the only person who will experience this issue that it is not a problem that will affect my business.

Thank you for your time in troubleshooting and providing me with an answer.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.