Ultimate Facebook

Installed but getting an error from Facebook saying 'The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings' I have multi-site, so I thought the API Key for my app would work for all sites in my network.

• Rupok

Hi PassionsNetwork, hope you had a wonderful day.

The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains

This error means, the domain from which you are trying to use your facebook app API keys, and the domain stated in your facebook app settings are not matching. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

If you have "www.example.com" in your facebook app settings, then you can use those API Keys for all subsites under "www.example.com". Now, if you have your subsites mapped to other domains, then it won't work.

So add the domain (from which you will use Ultimate Facebook) in your Facebook App Settings, and it will work. If you have done this properly, and it's still not working, I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

And can you please send a screenshot of your facebook app settings page?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• PassionsNetwork

I have a working Facebook login for my primary site, and I'm looking for a
    way to have 260 subdomain sites (that are domain mapped so as to not
    appear to be subdomains) use the same Facebook key.

If your plugin will not work for subdomains that are 'domain mapped' to have
    actual full domain names, then it is of no use to me.

If I am misunderstanding, and there is a way for your plugin to work for
    subdomains that are using domain mapping, please let me know.

After my initial conversation with your support rep. I came to the
    conclusion your plugin would not work, so we have deactivated it in our
    network.

We have not deleted it though, so if there is a work-around...or some other
    WPMU DEV plugin that will accomplish our goal, please let me know.

• Rupok

Hi PassionsNetwork, hope you had a wonderful day.

I have a working Facebook login for my primary site, and I'm looking for a way to have 260 subdomain sites (that are domain mapped so as to not appear to be subdomains) use the same Facebook key

You can have more than 260 subdomains sites with one API Key pair, but requests have to go to facebook from one main domain. Like "sub1.example.com", "sub2.example.com" etc. Here, "example.com" is the main domain. But if you map "sub1.example.com" to "www.newdomain.com", then when users will try to login, the request will go to facebook from "www.newdomain.com" which is not specified in your facebook app. So facebook will not allow that request.

It's the policy of facebook, they don't allow request from multiple domains. So we can't actually do anything.

Is there anything else we can help you with? We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.