Ultimate Facebook

Hi,

I use the one click registration with Ultimate Facebook , but I have one problem, users who register with Ultimate Facebook do not accept terms of service.
How to resolve this?

Regards,
Thomas

• DOTLAND
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kimberly,

Are you using the Terms of Service plugin?

yes, but when users registration with Ultimate Facebook they skip it.

HI cysassone,
    thanks for your post, but there is one problem, how to force the acceptance of the TOS.

Regards,
    Thomas

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Just chiming in here, I think perhaps there is some disconnect between the intended usage here.

Stepping back, let's take it in another way, and perhaps it's my mistake not doing this before...

But the Facebook registration is not controlled by Ve or his code, he only gives us a vehicle (ult facebook) to use the Facebook code that they provide.

I was only curious if there was a way to make the two work together, but honestly there is no way to MAKE Facbook registration use TOS as it is it's own animal

thoughts?

• DOTLAND
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kimberly ,

But the Facebook registration is not controlled by Ve or his code, he only gives us a vehicle (ult facebook) to use the Facebook code that they provide.

Yes, but Ultimate Facebook influences in the registration process.

Here is a plugin like Ultimate Facebook but for joomla CMS,
    http://www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/

In this plugin user when register by Facebook accepts the terms of service, so it can be done.

This is a very important for me, because all the countries of the European Union required approval processing of personal information by user.

At the moment is not possible accepts TOS with Ultimate Facebook, so I can not use Ultimate Facebook in the registration process because I would do it illegally.

Regards,
    Thomas

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

There is a way to add custom fields to regular Facebook registration form in the plugin. Here's a quick code snippet that will add a ToS checkbox to the registration form, and some validation to go with it:

function my_fb_add_tos_box ($fields) {
    	$fields[] = array(
    		"name" => "tos",
    		"description" => "I agree to Terms of Services",
    		"type" => "checkbox",
    	);
    	return $fields;
    }
    add_filter('wdfb-registration_fields_array', 'my_fb_add_tos_box');

function my_fb_require_tos_box ($user_id, $he, $registration, $model) {
    	if ($registration['tos']) return true;

$model->delete_wp_user($user_id);
    	wp_redirect(site_url("/my-tos-page"));
    	die;
    }
    add_action("wdfb-user_registered-postprocess", "my_fb_require_tos_box", 10, 4);

If the user didn't check the ToS box, he will be redirected to yoursite.com/my-tos-page - you'll probably want to change that to something that makes more sense in your environment.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.