Ultimate Facebook

See this question: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/import-all-comments-from-facebook-social-plugin-to-comment-plus#post-293806

I have not got any replay to my replay:

ok, I just installed the Ultimate Facebook plugin. And tryed to import all comments made with Facebook Social plugin. But it do not work, no comments are imported.

Please help!!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

They’ve never been imported before?

I like to go from facebook social comment to the comment plus. How do I do it?

If Facebook Social imported the comments in WordPress then they will just continue to Work. Comments Plus simply gives your users 4 different ways to comment and those comments also go into WordPress.

Take care.

• erikandershed
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

yes I know the Comment Plus givs me 4 different way to make a comment. But I did buy the Unlimited Facebook and Comment Plus. To inport all the comments made in “Facebook Social Comment Box” (made from facebook) to WordPress. An as you can se on this page… nothing of this happens….. http://djurblogg.nu/lily-forsvunnen-i-22-manader-se-aterforeningen/

So what I like, is to get all comments made in “Facebook Social Comment Box” (made from Facebook) in to WordPress.

Best regards,

Erik

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Comments plus wouldn’t import comments.

Only Ultimate Facebook can.

Ve will know the process of how comments get imported so I’m gonna ping him just in case he knows why it might not be happening. Facebook changes often, he keeps up to date with them. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

• ace2ice
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Guys,

Im having the same issue which i reported here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ultimate-facebook-not-importing-comments#post-298974

In my case though, the plugin used to import comments at one time but stopped after i did some other plugin updates and installed Jetpack, Amisket. Ive deactivated these plugins just to see if they were causing the conflict but it still did not import the comments.

Ive subscribed to this thread, hopefully a solution will come up sooner

God’s speed, stay blessed!

• JD
    • Flash Drive

Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the thread you linked:

I’m not a staff member but I am testing the Ultimate Facebook plugin on two sites, one for a client and one for myself. It works exactly as described for me without any issues (or at least, I have not encountered them yet). It did take me a short while to get comments to be imported from facebook, and it took some tinkering around in the settings until I got it right. As I said I’m no expert but I’ll give you a hand with this as best I can.

It might be helpful for all of us if you took screenshots of the various settings pages on the facebook tab (Facebook API, Facebook Connect, Facebook Like/Send Button, Facebook Open Graph, Facebook Comments, Autopost to Facebook). Please be sure you blur out your Facebook App ID and Secret (or any other private data) if you don’t want us to know what they are. I think the most relevant section in your case would be “Facebook Comments”.

Please don’t be insulted when I ask: you did create and link a facebook app for Ultimate Facebook to work with right? I know someone who skipped the instructions and didn’t set up an app (well he first linked to a page, then to the wrong app, and finally got it working when he linked to the correct one) and that would certainly cause the plugin to malfunction…..

• JD
    • Flash Drive

That certainly looks right. I’ve got to be off to work right now but when I get back I can post my settings. My site’s configured to allow different things than yours, but you might want to match mine temporarily and just see if it works.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

I’m very sorry for the delayed response here. One of the pretty important features of the Facebook post is the link back to the original site. On comments import, this is what the plugin uses to determine a) if the comments for the post are for a post on this site – i.e. shall we bother importing them at all, and b) to which local post should we assign the imported comments to. I believe something might be going wrong with the link recognition there – are your Facebook posts equipped with the link back to your site?

• erikandershed
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Don’t understand.

I sounds like the plugin is getting all comments made in the facebook page feed. or?

I am usering the standard Facebook Social Plugin on WordPress. So people can make comments on my blogg though this plugin. I like now import all comments made though this standard Facebook Social Plugin to my database in WordPress. So I have much better controll over the comments.

best regards,

Erik

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Indeed. Ultimate Facebook plugin will fetch your feed and check it for comments. However, only the Facebook posts that can be mapped to your local WordPress posts will be inspected for comments. This mapping is done via the original link the Facebook post has, which should be a link back to your WordPress post. If that bit is missing, the plugin won’t be able to recognize the local post to which the comments should be assigned to and, therefore, won’t import comments.

• JD
    • Flash Drive

I think I’m beginning to understand the issue here. If I may;

@vladislav – You’re saying that the only comments “Ultimate Facebook” can fetch are those attached to facebook wall posts that were originally created as posts on the WordPress Install, and that posts made from facebook and their attached comments won’t be imported. Is that correct?

If that’s the case, then @erikandershed you won’t be able to import comments on posts made before Ultimate Facebook was installed, or on posts that you didn’t create in your blog and then push to facebook via your “autopost to facebook” settings.

However, moving forward any posts you make on your site and related comments should automatically sync with facebook comments, including (I think) those made with the “facebook comments” plugin – though I could be wrong as I have not used “facebook comments” myself.

I hope I got that right….

The question then becomes: is there a way to manually link old facebook posts to wordpress to allow comments to be imported?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

@jd – pretty close to what you said. More precisely, the posts on Facebook have to have the “link” property corresponding to a post on the WordPress blog that’s attempting to import the comments via Ultimate Facebook. By “corresponding to a post”, I mean that the link can be reverse-mapped to a post ID on the current blog.

This allows for some room in comments import – meaning that if the Facebook post follows the mentioned convention, its comments will be imported by the plugin, regardless of the post origin.

• Laura
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi

I´m also trying to figure out how this work.

1) Please correct me if I´m wrong. The Import Facebook comments option SAVE all the comments made with the facebook comment app to my wordpress database. It is supposed to work in that way?

2) If the above is correct. Then, I´m not getting any of the new comments to my database although the Import Facebook Comment option is ticked. I don´t see any of this comments made with facebook app displayed under the WordPress Comments list in the admin panel. What can be causing this?

3) I don´t know if this is related but I´m getting an error with the facebook developper debug tool wich reads:

Errors That Must Be Fixed
    More Than One OG URL Specified: Object at URL 'http://www.pergaminodezenit.com/uncategorized/prueba/' of type 'article' is invalid because it specifies multiple 'og:url' values: http://www.pergaminodezenit.com/uncategorized/prueba/, http://www.pergaminodezenit.com/uncategorized/prueba/.

Please help here. In the past I used the Comment Plus plugin without problem, it imported the comments to my database. But I delete that plugin as I prefer to use just Ultimate Facebook.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.