Ultimate Facebook - API Version 2.5

The new apps I created on Facebook all have API version 2.5. It appears that FB Connect in Ult FB doesn't work with this new API version.

1. Can someone please confirm this?
2. Is there an ETA on when Ult Facebook will be updated for FB API version 2.5?
3. Is there a quick fix I can apply until the update is available?

I have a thread from yesterday with additional information. However, given that I wasn't sure what the problem was, those details may not be so helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

Old Thread - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/blog-template-ultimate-facebook-users-error#post-1029938

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Chris,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I just tested auto posting to Facebook by granting extending permissions to Ultimate Facebook APP and its working fine for me. So there are no API version issue at the moment with the plugin.

Could you please explain what exactly is not working ? I will also ping Kasia to get an idea of this issue, so we can figure this out quickly.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Chris, I hope you are doing well today!

Sorry for the delayed response!

I can confirm the same in my sandbox installation. Our developers already informed and they are working to find a solution. The new fix will be out with a plugin update. Keep an eye out for the upcoming updates!

Thank you for your Patience!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @admin941,

I am sorry for delay but we have not heard back from the developer yet. As soon as we have got some news regarding this matter we will post here. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Cheers, Sajid

• Chris
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks Sajid. I just want to update this thread with a new issue. I am receiving the following error when trying to access the site with FB, "User registration is currently not allowed."

I have checked my Network Settings and see it's set to allow new user registration. I've tested this and it works when signing up w/ email, but not with FB. This is now true for sites that are using FB API version 2.2 and 2.3. A few weeks ago, FB API 2.2 and 2.3 were not causing this problem.

Thanks,
    Chris

• technodiva
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Just got this msg in my inbox from FB

____ has been making recent API calls to Graph API v2.0, which will reach the end of the 2-year deprecation window on Monday, August 8, 2016. Please migrate all calls to v2.1 or higher in order to avoid potential broken experiences.

We recommend using our new Graph API Upgrade Tool to see which of your calls are affected by this change as well as any replacement calls in newer versions. You can also use our changelog to see the full list of changes.

I'm assuming it has to do with Ultimate FB, is there an update in the works?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi technodiva,

That is a notice so you don't need to worry about it, if everything is working on your end. I will again update the developer regarding this notification so we can push an update according to latest Facebook API version.

If you are getting any issue in the functionality of the plugin then this may look similar but the cause may be different for your issue. It is also a resolved thread so please start your own thread so we can handle this separately.

Its always recommended to start your own thread so we can manage each issue in its own dedicated thread. Feel free to include the similar thread link in your own thread for reference.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.