Ultimate Facebook + Buddypress + Photo Widget Question

Hi

I have a question for my Genesis framework driven Buddypress site, http://www.extrafriends.co.uk and that is.

When using the photo widget in a Buddypress installation, if I setup a photo widget in the sidebar will it show the users photo’s or something else?

Thanks

James.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi James,

Ultimate Facebook brings in the avatar from Facebook and uses that for the WordPress/BuddyPress avatar so any WordPress or BuddyPress plugins utilizing avatars would simply display that same avatar.

It’s basically just pulled in from Facebook, at which point it’s just like any other WordPress/BuddyPress avatar.

Hope that helps!

-David

• jamesathomson
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi David

Thanks for the reply but I think we’ve got our wires crossed.

I meant a users photo albums, not their profile avatar. I suppose what I am asking is if there is anyway that Ultimate Facebook can import a users photo’s but I am already talking about that in another thread so we can close this one if you like.

No point duplicating!

Thanks

James.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi James,

Thanks for clarifying that. Yeah, that wouldn’t be possible at this point but it sounds like a great idea. The only problem I can foresee is regarding the syncing of the galleries. I’ll take a look in your other thread to see how that goes.

Cheers,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.