Ultimate FaceBook caused an error (see below).

I just upgraded to the latest version. When I activate this plugin my site was down and the error message is:

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: Facebook::$CURL_OPTS in /home/wanchai/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/class_wdfb_model.php on line 18

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dcha,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

Does your hosting server support CURL?

Top check you can download the zip file attached below, extract it, and upload the file to the root of your hosting account.

Then call the file up in your browser using something like: http://yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

Then look at screen shot I have included and see if you also have Curl enabled as shown.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dcha,

Thank you for the additional input and the screen shot which is appreciated.

I am not sure if the curl version is at issue here but I will see if the lead developer can tell us about about this error you are getting or if I am missing something with the curl version.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

This error is most likely happening because something else on your site (a theme, or a plugin) is including Facebook PHP SDK library. Ultimate Facebook will try to play nice and use what’s already included in such cases – however, the version that’s already there seems to be older. Fixing this particular error isn’t a problem (this will be sorted in the very next plugin release), however the presence of an older FB SDK might mean there could be a number of subtler issues you could encounter.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dcha,

With the information Vladislav contributed it is now time to go into standard troubleshooting protocol to see just what may indeed be causing this issue.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol – first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem – if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• dcha
    • New Recruit

Dear Joe,

Thank you very much for your kind support!

I have finally installed Ultimate FaceBook after completely removing the FaceBook plugin folder. I have that plugin in my WordPress MU installation, but not activated. Ultimate FaceBook somehow seemed to detect that folder and caused the problem. I am testing Ultimate FaceBook now and will let you know if I encounter any problem.

Best regards,

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad you managed to solve the issue. Meanwhile, the latest Ultimate Facebook release (v2.5.4, just released) is checking for such possible conflict before it attempts the filtering, to make sure you at least don’t get such nasty errors.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad you managed to solve the issue. Meanwhile, the latest Ultimate Facebook release (v2.5.4, just released) is checking for such possible conflict before it attempts the filtering, to make sure you at least don’t get such nasty errors.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.