Ultimate Facebook comments not working

Can't seem to get the comments working. have the app id/secret code loaded, along with all the correct checks. I see the like/send buttons on the post but no comments. What do you need from me to help me get this working? If I have to use the custom hook, not sure where I look to copy/paste it into the box.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Okay, that suggests the plugin isn’t set up correctly.

Have you correctly set the Web Site URL in the Facebook app you created?

Have you also granted extended permissions?

Please provide screenshots so I can see you’ve done those two things.

Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

• simplefinn
    • Flash Drive

No, not resolved at all. I have spent so much time already trying to figure it and I had to take a break, because from what you said, it should be easy to setup, especially since I paid alot of money to be part of your plan. What kind of screenshots do you need or do you have any type of live chat so I can figure it out with someone, instead of waiting for a day or two to hear back from support?

• simplefinn
    • Flash Drive

Can someone please respond back to my question. I only want to see the facebook comments and not the wp comments. I had to modify our php code to get it to work, but don’t want to do that especially when the plugin updates, it will get lost. Please help.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings simplefinn :slight_smile:

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue with this please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to mark this ticket as unresolved.

This will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again.

TIP: mark any customized files you create with permission 444 read only so that updates etc. cannot over write them. Keep in mind that this particular file may contain valid updates and should be compared to not lose relative updates.

Joe :slight_smile:

• goldeneye
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

has there been any update on getting this working? i have the plugin set up and work except for the comments… on our site the comments section shows up as “Comments are closed.”

i’ve checked every post, and the general settings to insure that commetns are allowed but the page shows ‘closed” i checked the template and do have <?php do_action("comment_form");?> in my theme template…. i’ve tried to change it to `comment_template

– comment_form

– comment_form_before` as you suggested but it does not do anything… i’ve tried the standard theme… no go..

now what?

• volt
    • New Recruit

Hello, I am having the same issue at Hispanicize.com. Neither WordPress or FB comments are appearing. I have attached both the granted permissions and site url screenshots to help expedite this. Please let me know what else you need to help troubleshoot.

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya volt,

Can you tell us how you have the comments setup in Ultimate Facebook? It’s possible that there’s a conflict with your theme, in which case we’ll need to use a custom action hook to implement the comments. Without Ultimate Facebook, do you have comments on your site?

If you’d like assistance with a custom action hook, we can provide some help, but we’d need to see the contents of your theme’s comments.php. You could upload that to pastebin (if the theme isn’t available somewhere) and then we can provide further assistance.

Let us know. Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings volt,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, please open a new ticket so that we may concentrate exclusively on your symptoms and solution.

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.