Ultimate Facebook Comments to posts on my business fanpage end up on my personal wall.

Hi,

I created a WordPress post and designated my Business Fanpage as the destination.

Comments on this WP post the go to my Wall not the Business Fanpage where the Post is listed.

I have one Facebook account with two Business Fanpages and wish to keep my Wall for personal use. But this may not be possilble when using UFB Comments.

To be clear, my initial WP Post gets put on my Business Fanpage as I manually desingated it to do, but the comments made in the WP Post are not directed to the Post on the Fanpage, they end up on my personal Wall.

BTW, do I need to manually import comments made on Facebook to the post? I’m still testing this out. I get the email telling me of the comment.

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I appreciate your help. If you could post an image of the option to which you refer, I'd appreciate it.

The initial Post actually gets published to the Fanpage just like I want. But I don't see any control for where Comments get published. The Comments have a checkbox that says "Post to Facebook". But this does not publish the Comments to the same place as the original Post, it goes to my Wall.

There is a section under Facebook Comments to specify "Skip importing comments for these accounts". My imports seem to be going OK. However, I am interested to know where this SKIP LIST comes from. On a seperate issue for a different site, I have a long skip list that seems like SPAM. I've attached an image of this long list taht I would like to know how to purge.

Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

If I understand correctly what Ashley is referring to he means the section listed in Autopost to Facebook where you set up what and where you want it to go. Logged into the site admin dashboard go to –> Facebook –> Facebook settings –> Autopost to Facebook

With the screen shot above, where is this coming from, Facebook itself?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

FYI, I have autopost turned off. AutoPost works, but while I’m testing I want to manually decide when to publish a Post to Facebook and just where I want it published.

The first image is within the WP Post showing me making a comment with the “Post to Facebook” checkbox selected. The problem is that such comments go to my Wall and not to the Fanpage were the initial WP Post was published.

The second is a screenshot of the UFB “Facebook Comment” Section/Menu. I would like to know were UFB is finding these “accounts”.

Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

The first image is within the WP Post showing me making a comment with the “Post to Facebook” checkbox selected. The problem is that such comments go to my Wall and not to the Fanpage were the initial WP Post was published.

I admit I have no clue where this is at. i.e. where you are entering the manual entries on your site itself?

I will not mess around too much here if we cannot figure it out and call in the developer if needed for advice.

The second is a screenshot of the UFB “Facebook Comment” Section/Menu. I would like to know were UFB is finding these “accounts”.

It is reading these accounts directly from Facebook itself.

Please advise as to where you are entering the manual entries, I am guessing that it must be on your site itself? And the URL is?

Cheers, Joe

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

Here is the post on my website:

http://psychotherapy-network.com/facebook-post/ufb-test-post/

where you are entering the manual entries on your site itself?

Manual Posting vs AutoPosting.

When I created the WP post on my Buddypress site just I scrolled down to the bottom to select the option to publish to my Facebook Fanpage. In this way I manually request that the WP post is published to Facebook rather than using UFB Autopost, thinking that Autoposting merely complicates the situation.

FYI, here is the fanpage:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychotherapy-Network/327415443970033

It is reading these accounts directly from Facebook itself.

I could find no such list of accounts on facebook correspond to this list. I will look around again. My concern is that these accounts represent some kind of spam like activity and that I will need to constanly exclude new ones as they get added. They are definitely related to just this one Fanpage:

http://www.facebook.com/MyWoodcraft

Kind Regards,

Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

It is time for me to call in the lead developer in on this ticket since I have been unable to see what is wrong myself.

Therefore I will see if I can get him in here asap to offer his invaluable advice as to why this issue exists and how to correct it.

I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

Just touching base with you to let you know that not only have I let the lead developer know about this ticket but that we have not forgotten about you nor your issue.

Sorry for the delay and looking forward to lead developer input.

Cheers, Joe

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I think this make the comments feature pretty much useless as the become detached from the fanpage post when they get published to facebook wall.

It is nice to be able to publish posts to my Fanpage, but I will need to disable comments.

It seems like a Facebook flaw. Another reason not to have bought into the FB IPO. :slight_smile:

So I went to the developers /tools/comments/ and clicked on settings. As you can see from the screen shot I was offered to save or cancel, but there were no options to change that would need saving! Seems all those Facebook techs are to busy to do quality checking of their code.

Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

Thank you for the feedback and for the screenshot – it is priceless!

Facebook started throwing wrenches into the system at the beginning of May, and though you may not be aware yet soon there will be no auto posting and one must be logged in to Facebook to Post to a page and must be the page admin.

If memory further serves me the big hammer falls on this on July first though originally scheduled for June 1st but Facebook set the date back further – which for some is good news and for most bad news when they actually throw the final switch so to speak.

Regarding their IPO, from my understanding the stock should be selling at around $7.50 if not a little less. Curious to see where that goes.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.