Ultimate facebook configuration

If i am not mistaken this plugin should allow me to replace the standard wordpress commenting system and use facebook instead? I was having trouble getting it setup. i did create the facebook app and activated it though i can't seem to get the facebook comment system working 100%. I am having issues with the comments showing up in my nextgen lightbox, it doesn't seem to. though it shows up in posts and shop items under the reviews. i would really like to get the comments inside this light box, it uses the wordpress commenting system by default so i would think your plugin would work here? see image

next I was trying to refresh the auth and my facebook app says i need more items reviewed. see image. can you help with getting my facebook app setup correctly?

also it doesn't seem to be pulling posts nor does @tagging work. the @tagging works on the site but the tag doesn't follow to facebook. can this be turned on somehow? or is the an issue with my facebook app maybe?

please help

• Nastia

Hello Steve

Welcome WPMU DEV Community

I have never tested the Ultimate Facebook plugin with nextgen lightbox. This will require integration between these two plugins, because the NextGen Pro plugin has its, built it, comment section for each image.

You can try the Comments+ plugin along with NextGen plugin.

If this will not help, I afraid that this will require a custom coding, and it's out of a scope that we can provide in this forum. Please feel free to add a new job in the Jobs & Pros section, so a skillful developer can do this for you.

can you help with getting my facebook app setup correctly?

Please let us know what login permissions you have added to your Facebook API?

also it doesn't seem to be pulling posts nor does @tagging work. the @tagging works on the site but the tag doesn't follow to facebook. can this be turned on somehow? or is the an issue with my facebook app maybe?

Would you please elaborate and let us know more details about this. You mean that the Ultimate Facebook plugin doesn't autopost post to your Facebook wall?

In this case I see that Allow autoposting new posts to Facebook option is deactivated. Please navigate to Ultimate Facebook > Settings > Autopost to Facebook and check over this option.

Once you do, select the Facebook page bellow where you fish your post will be posted.

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Steve

Thanks for the reply, I have tried the comments+ plugin first and that resulted in a spinning wheel while trying to load the comments. That's what brought me to this plugin. Nextgen has told me their comment system uses the standard WordPress comment system I believe the only issue would be they aren't considered a post to or page type for the comment box to appear. your plugin actually removes the comment system when i select the option to disable WordPress comments and use Facebook comments. I wouldn't think it would be too much trouble to make it work ( I hope ).

Please let us know what login permissions you have added to your Facebook API?

I have only added the basic ones as instructed in your tutorial video, though when i tried to reset auth tokens i get this message which seems to be asking for permissions i have not activated?

This makes me think i needed these options enabled though I am a little unclear how to get them activated.

also when i have logging in with Facebook enabled it tries but does not log me in or create an account, i have enabled user registration since i have woo-commerce running on this site.

what i meant by the @ tagging is while your on Facebook and you type @ in front of a friends name it tags them. and on the site it seems to work the same way but when you view on Facebook the tag isn't there. I just turned on the auto posting though I thought that was to post a link to a blog article I publish on the website.

Any help you can offer on getting these options working properly would be very appreciated.

• Sajid

Hi Steve,
    Hope you are doing good today

For Facebook comments, you don't need extended permissions set for which you need to submit app for review. Unless you are using the auto post feature of Ultimate Facebook.

Try to create a new Facebook APP, add the current domain and website URL where you wish to use. Enter some basic settings, make it live and use this new APP ID and APP secret and then check again.

For your second question, for some themes it may not work properly because of the difference of action hooks. If you know what action hook is being triggered for that section then simply add the action hook name in Facebook -> Facebook Settings -> Facebook Comments -> Use a custom hook (advanced).

If you don't know the hook name then you can also use the following template tag to display the comment on your page.
    <?php if( function_exists('wdfb_get_fb_comments')) echo wdfb_get_fb_comments(); ?>

Take care and have a nice day
    Cheers, Sajid